𝟏𝟎: GOJO GENTLEMAN ERA

A big sigh leaves you when you slam your car door shut.

Friday is over!

No more children! 

The island named 'Isolation' shall accompany you for two-and-a-half days. Don't get you wrong, you love those kids to death but being a teacher is so draining. So, when the end of the week comes by, you're exhausted to your aging bone.

Nevertheless, excited.

Two-and-a-half-days of not hearing Nobara's yelling, Itadori's whining and Maki's complaining. It puts a smile on your face just thinking about the loneliness you're going to entrap yourself in.

Two-and-a-half-days to myself...and Dad.

A cute beep indicates that your car is locked and you walk towards your house with your handbag, binders and house keys. Before you can fumble over to find the right key in the company of numerous keys, it opens itself with a loud creak.

"Hi, D―"

Your binders are taken off of you and the man rushes inside like he's gotten a serious case of rabies. Cracking up laughing, you start taking off your shoes due to the sudden hand space, "Did you get rabies?"

"No, even worse."

The laughter halts, "Dad, what's going on?"

For once, he's answering your satire questions.

Something is up.

"Just...I don't feel too well," he explains, placing the pastel binders on the foyer table.

You gasp. He's still in his pyjamas like you left him in this morning. His hair is tousled into a bird's nest and his eyebags overpower his emerald eyes―it's like he rose from the grave. He said something about not feeling too well earlier but didn't look that bad in the morning.

What took over your father in the course of six hours?

"Aw, what happened?"

"I don't know...it doesn't matter, I'm going to the doctor later. There's something more important," he voices, going an octave lower.

Usually, you're able to sense trouble from miles away but this time, it's right in front of you, screaming at you and you don't feel the slightest fear crawl into your body.

You're a little sceptical of this behaviour though, he's not looking into your eyes. He doesn't act this strange when he's sick. He's normally just watching TV or groaning about how old age is getting the better of him.

"There was this sorcerer event I was meant to attend tonight and I told them that you were going to go instead of me," he explains.

You furrow your eyebrows, "That's fine...why are you acting so strange though?"

"With Gojo."

My heart catches in the middle of a beat, "W-What?!"

"I'm sorry, dear! I tried not to, but I felt really bad about it and Gojo, he..."

Your father lets out a sigh.

Of course, he did. Of course, he fucking did.

"He blackmailed you, that little shit. What did he say?" you rage in spite, almost throwing your keys on the nearby table.

Your father avoids eye contact yet again.

Deciding not to prod further, you complain instead to make it look like you're not looking for an answer anymore, "Why me?!"