Part 4

At the Book Fair...

If there was one thing the royal family shared with one another, it was their love of books.

Luz was no different as she swooned at the sight of them, while her teacher decided to pickpocket. King decided to stick with Luz as there was something about these books. It seemed to captivate witches in ways that his words never could.

"Read the latest piece of Emperor Belos' Memoir during his service as a General! Such a fascinating tale and the soldiers, what great people!"

"Who knew the emperor was such a complex man?"

"One who started out as a simple man and his woodcarving shop, he rose as a fearsome general against the Blood Crusaders."

"Look at these inventions! They look so groundbreaking and the details into them..."

"That is truly our emperor."

"I didn't know Daddy published a book and his own days as a general, too. He's usually so private about it." Luz spoke as she was interested in looking into her father's past.

"Who cares about that? Look how many followers there are. So enthralled... ready to obey anyone who reads their books." King marveled as he envisioned his writing bringing forth a powerful army to obey his every command.

"You know, I used to dream about being a writer. I even took a portrait when I was younger. You can tell I used a good angle." Luz proclaimed as she passed by William and Spade.

"Weird, Uncle's not the type to publish what he suffered through... He likes to keep it to himself. He won't even tell us." Spade spoke as he looked at the book.

"I don't think he did. I mean, this is his handwriting, but I don't think he published it." William mentioned, feeling that he should inform his uncle, "Come on, let's head back to the Palace."

At the Emperor's Palace...

"WHAT IS PUBLISHED?!?!?!!!" The emperor's voice boomed as the Palisman using the pathways almost slipped and were helping their comrades.

Oof, it's been a while since Belos wound up like that.

Belos clawed the arms of his throne after seeing this book.

"I THOUGHT A JOURNAL WAS MISSING FROM MY STUDY!!! Thank you, boys, for bringing this to my attention, I will not be plagiarized or stolen from." Belos growled, "CORNBREAD!!! ROASTED CHICKEN!!!"

His Palisman then flew down and turned into their human form.

"You call for us?" Roasted Chicken greeted.

"How may we serve you?" Cornbread asked.

"Collect every book and erase the contents of it from every ready. Once you've done that, find the one responsible." Belos ordered.

"Yes sir."

They turned into their palisman forms and called for the scouts.

It was time to do some work.

At the Book Fair...

After doing the hard work of mind erasing and book collecting, it was time to find the thief.

"Alright, who authorized this contraband?" Cornbread demanded from the seller.

"Urk! Umm... Piniet Publishing House..." He answered.

"Good, we have a name. Inform the emperor, we have a snake to strangle." Roasted Chicken announced as they left for the publisher's company.

They reached the door he was in as there seemed to be commotion.