Freedom!

Garret pounced on his siblings as they grouped up, being freed from Envy's ruling. Billy held him up as he broke down.

Lapis woke up later, getting greeted by his 5 little ones.

"Pappy!" He blinked a little before smiling.

"My little angels-" He gently sat up, flinching upon the rush of pain. He then picked up the little one he had held when he blacked out. "Are you ok? I didn-"

"Lapis." He turned to the door, seeing Dijon there. "I caught the two of you. They're all ok." He sighed with relief before adjusting, allowing the little ones to claim his lap.

"That's good... I was so worried... I remember getting dizzy while feeding and then just... blacking out. I forgot I was holding a child until now-" He then paused. The cold feeling from before had vanished. Dijon giggled before sitting down beside him, taking one of the children onto his lap.

"Good news, you're safe to go home." Lapis paused. "We dealt with the Minister problem." Lapis took a second before smiling.

"Free to go home?" Dijon nodded.

"I've been asked to assist your journey. The Fiore Minister would like to speak to you before we go to Ringtown, but you're good to go." Lapis had a mixed reaction, but he did join Dijon in packing.

~~~

They went to the Minister's place first, which Lapis felt uneasy with. Dijon was practically dragging him up to meet her since he was recoiling. Upon reaching the throne, Lapis had basically shut down, only allowing Dijon to pull him over.

"Ah, Dijon. Thanks for doing this."

Lapis didn't answer while Dijon responded with something he really wasn't paying attention to. The children stayed by his feet, which calmed him down a bit. He almost didn't realize the Minister had moved until he felt two hands replace Dijon's single hand. He would've pulled away if he was thinking. His eyes drifted up to meet the Minister's eyes.

"It's nice to meet you, Lapis. I'm sorry you had to go through that." Lapis did respond before she smiled at the little ones. "Well hello there." His eyes drifted down to them as the youngest stepped forward and took her hand. Lapis hesitated until Dijon placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Lapis, it's ok. She won't hurt you." He stayed quiet as he watched the Minister softly talk to the group of 4, the older one staying behind his leg.

~~~

But he was allowed to go back to Ringtown. Tears ran down his face as he ran over and jumped into Sage's arms.

"You're ok..." Lapis wouldn't let go as Sage picked him up, allowing him to rest in his arms. The 5 children were swept up into Star's arms as they huddled up.