Missing You

L U C I E L

My hands were calloused and dirty, fingers numb with a aching back, eyes that were burning and the sides of my mouth that hurt with constantly yawning. The ticking of the clock and scraping of the pencil against paper were the only sounds that managed to make their way to my hearing.

Eversince I was a child I've always been fascinated with art and its history. The ability of having to create something that you see in your mind's eye is truly amazing. Yes, the result may not be exactly the same but the mind is a powerful thing; it gives us an idea of what our heart desires.

Be it a drawing, a painting, sculpting or even music. Art has many forms and has its own special meaning.

I've been sketching for hours non-stop, discarding the drawings that didn't look good and setting the ones aside that could be used as an inspiration for my next assignment. My eyes were teary, I rapidly blinked to get rid of my blurry vision and continued to sketch away only to be unsatisfied with what I've been working on for over half an hour. I wasn't upset nor was I happy, rather, I was restless.

I slump back and close my eyes for a few seconds, the aching feeling of my back subduing with a stretch. After a bit of a rest, I sit up straight and look at a picture of a beautiful woman that was taped on my wall.

She looked straight ahead yet it felt as if she was looking right through me. She held a captivating gaze with those firey eyes that held so many secrets.

If only the camera could capture those secrets...

I got up, my fingers traced along the corner of the picture, careful not leave any smudges. Unfortunately, I find my fingers tracing from her forehead to her eyes, her cheeks, her nose and finally, her lips. This gorgeous bold woman, had a smile decorating those lips that were painted red with lipstick.

Too beautiful...

I glance down at the half crumpled page I sketched on and see the similar gaze.

Truly, those eyes are captivating.

It's been exactly six days since I've seen Isabella, six days since I've felt her in my arms, six days since I've heard her voice and six days since I've kissed her.

That day, our time was cut short when she got a phone call regarding her client. She couldn't even properly explain to me what was going on and was out by the door in the matter of seconds. She did end up sending me a text at three in the morning, saying she was sorry and that she'd be busy for the next few days. I understood and told her that I wasn't mad at her, that she should do her best and rest whenever she got the chance to.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that I wasn't going to see her for a whole week at this point. I wanted to ask her when she'd be visiting again but I constantly had to remind myself that she was busy with work and that I shouldn't be so selfish.

Not seeing her for such a long time just didn't feel right. I'm used to seeing her at least twice a week and not seeing her once in six days put me on edge.

With that said, I decided to head to bed and get some shut-eye. I wasn't going to have any classes the next day so I decided to sleep in. I took a quick shower and dressed in some boxers and a T-shirt before finally getting under the sheets and drifting of to dreamland.

"Luciel..."

A sultry voice called out my name. I couldn't make who it was but it didn't matter, their voice was soothing.

"Luciel..."

They called again, this time I could make out that it was a feminine voice and continued listening. I wasn't really curious of who it might have been and only waited for them to call again.