A Proposal

I S A B E L L A         

Never in my thirty-two years of being alive, have I ever felt so damn humiliated. To make matters far worse, the one person that I least expected to make me feel this way...made me feel the way I'm feeling at this very moment.

Why do I, Isabella Dillan, who is always hard-headed and nonchalant, feel the way I feel now?

Well, because of my cockiness, I turned down one of the most esteemed photographers.

...Maybe esteemed seems too farfetched, rather, one of the greatest photographers?

I discovered that Luciel wasn't just 'talented' in photography but was more of an expert at it. Allistor sent me a link of her instagram and I ended up scrolling through her posts for more than an hour. Reading the comments of her posts, proved that. People praised her for her astonishing talent she had, especially at such a young age. Some people were eager to know where she was from and wanted her to take pictures of them. I also discovered that she does sculpting and was still in fact a student. Basically, she wasn't just talented in photography but also studying sculpture. She rarely posted about her sculpting, but the ones she posted looked just as amazing. It wasn't anything extravagant but was something that made you stop and stare.

"Do you see now why I called you an idiot?"

Was the message Allistor sent me.

Realization hit me and I agreed that I was in fact an absolute idiot. My pride got the better of me making me groan in frustration. I wasn't particularly interested in the whole photography setup, but seeing how eager people were of wanting her to take pictures of them made me eager too. The fact that she reached out to me was a rather large opportunity, and the only thing I can now hope is that she does
actually contact me.

I looked at my cat only too see her relaxing in her litter box.

I groan with disgust and stare back to the TV that has now lost my interest.

It's been a couple days since the wedding and Allistor making me feel like absolute shit. I've been relaxing at home under the guise of 'me' time, but in actual fact I desperately wanted to beat the ever-living-shit out of myself. I started having doubts about Luciel reaching out to me.

Maybe I was too hard on her?

Maybe she just changed her mind?

But, why would she ask my number if she wasn't going to contact me?

Damn it!

I continued staring at the TV and watched at the credits play, indicating that the movie has ended. I couldn't bother changing the channel and felt myself doze off.

Bzzz

Bzzz

I felt the vibration of my phone in my hoodie's pocket. I took it out and swiped right without bothering to look at the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Isabella. It's Luciel."

When I heard her name, sleep left my eyes and I was wide awake. I jumped up from my slouched position and sat up straight.

"Luciel, hi!" I say, more like yell, causing me to slap myself on the forehead.

"Wow, you sound...excited?" She replies.

'Excited' isn't close to how I'm feeling at this moment.

"Well, I wasn't expecting you to call so you caught me by suprise." I state.