nine

t/w - some swear words !

a/n - bro sorry this ch. was rushed because i was angry because i had a lot of work but i accidentally deleted it all and wattpad has no undo button >:(

Razor and Fischl were quickly making their way towards Mondstat's city gates.

He came to an abrupt stop, making Fischl stop too.

Razor just stared at the ground harshly, closing his fists tightly into balls.

She kept her gaze focused on him, questioningly tilting her head.

"Ra-"

"Fischl," Razor started, completely cutting her off.

"Are you sure.. Bennett wants to see Razor?" He asked, shifting his weight uneasily. 

Furrowing his eyebrows, he could feel the burning laser eyes from Fischl.

Fischl, however was nothing but relieved. She was glad it wasn't something more serious.

Instead, it was Razor just worrying, which was completely understandable. But at least it wasn't something super bad.

Don't get her wrong, she absolutely adored and loved Razor, like a brother. But sometimes, Razor could get.. just a teensy bit over exaggerated about things.

Fischl didn't respond, so Razor looked up, only to meet her olive green eyes and soft smile. 

He studied her eyes and face for a while. Her eyes reminded him of Bennett's. Even though they weren't exactly the same shade or hue as Bennett's, they were pretty damn close.

Bennett's eyes were just slightly more vibrant, like and emerald-ish green. 

Now that Razor had been looking closer, Fischl and Bennett actually shared many qualities together. 

Just seeing Fischl in front of him was making Razor sick. He missed Bennett, more than he could imagine.

It was weird, because Bennett and Razor had gone at least a week or so without seeing or contacting each other, but it just felt different now.

Even if it hadn't even been 12 hours since he last saw him, it felt as if it had been months. No, years.

It felt like Razor was waiting an eternity for Bennett to come back, or rather for Razor to go back.

His stomach was churning again as he blanked, thinking about how f*cking dumb he was to just up and leave like that.

"Razor.."

"Razor-"

"RAZOR!" Fischl shouted in his face, startling him.

When he had come back to his senses, Fischl had her hands waving in front of his face.

She pinched the bridge of her nose when she saw the scared expression on Razor.

"Sorry, sorry! I was just worried, you literally froze for like 5 minutes.." Fischl said, sighing. 

She turned around and started to walk again. Without looking back and Razor, Fischl let a smile slide onto her tinted pink lips once more.

"Look. I promise, Bennett wants to see Razor." Fischl finally answered, which brought Razor back to his hopes. 

While they were walking along the dirt path, he still kept his head down, however he stood a bit taller. 

He observed the way his feet made those tracks so perfectly, like a boar in Wolvendom. 

As they neared Mondstat, Razor perked up and stuck his nose into the air only slightly.

There were many different aromas coming from the city center. People, food, fire. But there was one scent in particular he was searching for; Bennett.

Bennett always had this particular smell of Windwheel Aster. It was strong, but it smelled amazing to Razor, and it was alluring. 

It was fresh and was like a reset for his brain, completely calming him down. 

Despite trying so hard to find that specific scent, he failed to do so, getting lost in the smell of freshly cooked meat, produce, and smoke.

This stuff normally smelled great to Razor, but all of them mixed together was a no go. His head was starting to pound. But was it because of the odor, or something else?

As they crossed the bridge and into Mondstat, Razor raised one of his hands to his right temple, massaging it.

His pace was starting to slow, but he tried his best to keep up with Fischl. 

Fischl was too preoccupied asking everyone where Bennett could possibly be to notice Razor struggling.

While Fischl was talking to Katheryne, Oz tried to get her attention.

"Mein Fr-"

"Hold on Oz," Fischl said, continuing her conversation with Katheryne. After they had finished up, Fischl turned and began to walk up the steps.

"Mein Fräulein," Oz started again, this time acquiring Fischl's full awareness. 

"Yes, Oz?" Fischl answered to her calling name turning just slightly to look at him.

"Perhaps it is best we take a small break for now," he said, looking over to Razor.

When she also looked over, she found Razor kind of stumbling everywhere with an agonized look on his face, sort of like some drunk guy.

She quickly rushed over and asked what the problem was.

Razor looked dazed as he tried to open his eyes and look at her in the face. 

"Razor.. is feeling a little bit.. dizzy,"

"RAZOR!" Razor heard an oddly familiar and comforting voice call out, and he felt his knees weakening. 

He heard loud footsteps on the stone floor before he felt himself collapse and completely black out.

824 words

sry for the short chap. </3 all my work was legit erased :sob:

xoxo,

aneres