- happy birthday, BASIL.. 🌻

Sunny glanced over the note

Sunny glanced over the note. He's been worried about Basil for days now, and a sudden note being given to only Sunny is very odd. When Sunny read what had been written in shaky handwriting, and the piece of notebook paper that has been warped from Basil's tears, Sunny got up and ran to Basil's room. Kel had noticed before, he didn't go to the washroom.
Sunny slowly cracked Basil's door, only opening an inch to view the inside of Basil's room. He still saw movement, he barged the door open and ran to Basil. Basil flinched, and threw his garden sheers in fear. His face got pale, and tears began to well up in his eyes.
While Sunny is known for being the quiet one of the friend-group, he began asking Basil several worried questions.
"Basil, what's happening?" "Are you alright?" "I don't understand what's happening.. We're all so worried about you." When Basil had begun to cry, Sunny hugged him. Basil's colour came back to his face. Tears streamed quickly down his light pink cheeks, the shade of southern buttercup flowers. He didn't reciprocate the hug, he didn't know how to respond. He hadn't even muttered a word since Sunny came in.
You could hear Aubrey's gentle, yet quick footsteps approaching - while Kel was right behind her, trying to trip her. Aubrey peeked her head into Basil's room, the door was swung open, she could see what was happening but still couldn't tell what the situation was. Kel began to speak first, "Uhh.. Did we miss out on a hug time? Come here, Aubrey! I don't want to miss out on this!" He leaped to Aubrey and squeezed her about her stomach, with her arms to her hips so she couldn't break free. "Hey!-" she squeaked. With that ruckus, Mari and Hero shortly came along to see if they were missing out on anything. "Hero! Mari! You guys almost missed out on us all exchanging hugs! Get in here!" He shoved Aubrey into the twos arms, and Mari grabbed Sunny's sleeve to bring him in as well. Sunny held Basil's hand as Mari pulled them in, they all got a big warm group hug.
Basil shoved out of the hug. He was ashamed. He didn't know what Sunny read. "There was no way he read it that quickly.." He thought. "I'm sorry. I don't know why I'm doing this to you.. I'm so sorry... I'm so selfish.." He began to break down again. He held his face with his hands that were covered in scratches, thorn wounds were on his palms, he began to not care about being gentle when handing certain plants.