Our new home.

"Hey, human... I know I told you we'd find a way but... I don't know what to do... s..sorry...." The beast looked uncertain. "Um... it's, okay?" however, I didn't know what to do either... Everywhere we walked, there were wrecked properties. I never would've imagined that the world would be contaminated so severely over just five years... people certainly did have an impact on the world huh...? I do believe that Puro does feel kind of letdown at the sight of these ruins. I know that he would have undeniably expected great structures, beautiful green meadows, and big healthy trees, not.... these burnt remains. I feel really bad for letting him down, even though I know it wasn't truly my fault that everything is destroyed. It's all because of that stupid virus.

If that dumb virus never showed up, then none of us would be in this situation. But... I can't only blame the flu... humans, are to blame. We did this to ourselves, really... we'll eat animals, drink random substances, and experiment on things, lacking suitable filtering, sanitizing, or cautiousness... but that's been going on for centuries. There was no stopping them. Until now. I never thought of the day we'd get wiped out, by a stupid virus that turns you white.... So stupid... Anyway... Puro and I have been walking for several hours, we've not stopped for anything, what if it rains? We tried to find someplace that WASN'T ruined.... It was very dark, all the nightstands were a bit damaged, and out of power, except for one, it was very bright.

Puro stopped me, "Ooh! Human look! doesn't that sphere resemble the moon? It's so bright!" He flicked his ears. I walked next to him, trying to observe the big bright orb that stood on the tall pole. "Yeah. It's not as magical as the actual moon though... why don't we find it? I think there's a bench over there. Doesn't look too broken." I smiled and took his paw. "Okay human, whatever you say!" Puro leaped in excitement walking close to me as we reached the small rusted bench. 'He's so cute.' I thought as I felt a warm blush appear. I didn't know why but, I couldn't control it.

 But I think it's alright.... I'd never had a close friend before Puro, so it felt ordinary to me. We watched the dark blue sky, as the bright moon became whole, right before our eyes.... We saw it shine through the sky, and Puro looked so pleased as his eyes dozed off sluggishly, "Human, the moon, is... so... Pretty...." His words were interrupted by yawns. I felt so glad, Puro finally got to do one thing on his bucket list.... It was so wonderful; I'd never felt this kind of way before ever in my life.

 It was kind of cold out, Puro and I felt exhausted from all the walking we'd done, and we sort of just.... melted together, and cuddled, we felt warm in each other's comfort, and we relaxed on that bench for a while. A while turned into an hour, and an hour turned into all night. We napped all through the night. It had been hours since I last saw Puro, and the next time I saw his adorable face, was now, as I woke up from his sweet voice. 

"Human~ are you awake? Hi! You are so tired!" He was holding onto my neck with me turned around on his lap. I noticed that we weren't on that little bench anymore but inside a house. That wasn't destroyed? Wha...? "I...Is this a dream... puro...?" I stretched, yawning long. "Human I don't think it's a dream... But maybe it is for you... Have you always dreamed of this...?" Puro hugged me.

"I... I guess... I... have now..." I sat up and looked around. "Where are we? What's this place...." I looked back at puro, with an unsure look. "Oh, uh... well... I... human, I carried you along on my back, and I began walking again, I found this place, it's pretty empty and... It honestly looks better than every other building we've seen... so... I decided to rest here..." Puro scratched the back of his head in awkwardness. "I guess this could be our home now... Puro, thank you." I embraced him, lovingly.

He grinned and embraced back, his smile beamed, and he really looked so happy. I loved that. "Let's decorate, puro!" I hyped my latex friend up. "Okay human. But are you hungry? Come, you can eat my Puro snack! I carried some with us." His ears twitched as he pulled some dried oranges out of a bag, and offered me some. I grabbed one with pleasure and nibbled on it, I could really taste the sugary value of the orange, and its flavor melted on my tongue, it was really chewy too. I watched as Puro grabbed a few for himself, and enjoyed the snack. We ate the Puro snack together. I had forgotten how delicious It tasted since we hung out back at the tower, it's certainly been a while.

"Thanks, Puro." After eating, Puro and I took out junk, which we had packed in bags by doctor. K, and it held Puro's drawings, cushions, pens, markers, and a lot of books! I'm thinking about doctor K at the moment, what would he be doing right now? Experimenting? Sleeping, consuming? I don't know, I wouldn't. "Look human! My drawings! We can put them on the wall!" Puro missed the little den he'd raised himself in back at the tower... it was cute. That little shelter he had through the maintenance vent, looked pretty cozy. 

But he'd have a new, and more enhanced life, now that we found a new home for him. I couldn't help but miss my own home too, even if I don't remember it that decently. "Yes Puro, we could hang them on the wall, it'll be just like your old home. Maybe we can draw some pictures together.... You know, to make new memories?" I asked him precisely, and truthfully. "Ah yeah human, of course, we can do that! It will be so much fun. I want to do everything with you human." The beast sat down on a purple cushion with his legs crossed.

"Puro, I promise you'll have a much better and happier life.... Out here, even if it is all destroyed... I'll try. For you." I blushed; I don't know why I kept feeling this way... I guess I just really care about Puro. He is the most important to me. "I'm going to find paint, to fix up these dull walls, and make it look special." I got up and walked outside, which was close to one bedroom. "Puro's coming too! I want to help paint!" I chuckled, and smiled, I felt so happy. Puro and I will live a better life together, in our new home.