🦋 Prologue - Preparations

On an exceptionally beautiful winter afternoon in Dreamland, an ethereal red butterfly flaps its delicate, beautifully glowing wings, flying elegantly through the air as it searched for someone specific.

Soon enough, just as it had predicted, it found that someone napping on a large tree branch above his little house. The butterfly gently landed on the young Star Warrior's horn, allowing itself entry into their mind.

"It is time to wake up, young one."

The child stirred, opening their eyes slowly and tiredly. "Hnngh..? Huh?" he mumbled, lifting his head. The butterfly moved off their horn, instead choosing to float in front of the small warrior. "Oh. Hi, Morpho Knight," he said, greeting it with a small wave and a smile. "What's up?"

Morpho swiftly shifted into their Knight form and floated down to the grass. "Your friend made a replica of my sword, correct?" they questioned. Kirby jumped off the branch, landing surprisingly gracefully on the ground. "Yeah, Weapons Dee is really smart. Why?" they responded, stretching out their arms and wings. They'd been asleep for a while. Morpho Knight chuckled. "Well," they began, bringing out their own sword. "it is a very powerful weapon, quite similar to Galaxia. In order to properly wield it, I must teach you how to."

Kirby's eyes sparkled with excitement and joy. "You wanna train me?!" he said, happiness clear in his voice. "Indeed. Come now, young one, let us go somewhere more secluded and open. My sword is very powerful, and very dangerous, and I'm sure neither of us would want your hometown destroyed due to misplaced energy." Kirby nodded in agreement. "Yeah... the Cappies have dealt with that way too much." They excitedly grabbed onto Morpho Knight's hand before speaking again. "How about the ravine leading up to Kabu Cavern? Or above it? There's not up much around there to mess up." The knight nodded. "That would work. Prepare yourself for flight, my child," they said, flexing their own wings before giving one strong flap, lifting themselves up into the air. Kirby did the same after a few moments, and the duo flew off to the ravine.

	After a few minutes of flight (and a couple of near-death experiences; Kirby still struggles with using his wings to fly), they arrived on the land overlooking Kabu Cavern

After a few minutes of flight (and a couple of near-death experiences; Kirby still struggles with using his wings to fly), they arrived on the land overlooking Kabu Cavern. Far-out hills, sparse grass, and very few trees to burn down; this was the perfect environment for battle training. Morpho Knight summoned a replica of their sword and handed it over to the young Star Warrior standing expectantly beside them. "Here, take this," they said. Kirby did as he was told, carefully taking hold of the sword's handle. It was surprisingly light; he had expected it to be a lot heavier, and so he had prepared himself for such weight, almost smacking himself in the face when he lifted it up to counter. Morpho stopped the blade before it could hit him, though.

Kirby knew they couldn't properly use a sword without using the sword Copy Ability, so they did what they usually do when presented a power and absorbed it. Their magic responded near instantaneously; their appearance changed somewhat, their typically golden horns now looking more of a blood orange shade, the hearts on their head accessory changing into red butterflies. Their pink feathers changed into various shades of red, and they seemed to glow, small, shimmering particles of light falling away from them at every slight move. Kirby's form now imitated that of Morpho Knight's, as it does with all his Copy Abilities, but Morpho Knight remains impressed by Kirby's power. He was so young, and yet, he wielded and fully understood one of, if not the most powerful type of Star Warrior magic there is.