68. Truths Told

Would just like to say a huge thank you to everyone for helping this book hit 300k in Reads!

Y/n felt himself slam flat onto the ground, the Portkey had transported them back in front of the crowd, back to Hogwarts. He did not move for a moment. All the breath seemed to have been knocked out of him, his head was swimming so badly he felt as though the ground beneath him were swaying like the deck of a ship. To hold himself steady, he tightened his hold on the one thing he was still clutching, the smooth, cold handle of the Triwizard Cup. He and Harry were safe now... but the adrenaline Y/n had been running on had run out now as the emotions began to flood in of what had just happened to him.

Y/n rose to his feet as his grip on the cup handle somehow tightened, He lifted it high over his head and threw it down to the ground and let out a painful scream of anguish for all to hear as his usual calm collected manner was cast aside and he collapsed to his knees covering his face with his hands as tears began to flood out.

A torrent of sound deafened and there were voices everywhere, footsteps, screams...

Then a hand was on his shoulder. "Grindelwald! Grindelwald!" They called, It was Professor McGonagall.

Y/n lowered his hands as he looked to see her kneeled down in front of him and she saw the large gash on his face as tears mixed with blood. "Grindelwald what has happened?" She asked sounding deeply concerned.

"He's back." Harry could be heard saying near them. "He's back. Voldemort."

"Is this true?" McGonagall asked Y/n in shock and he could only nod.

"What's going on? What's happened?" The voice of Cornelius Fudge appeared and Y/n looked to see him looking down at Harry who was still clutching to Cedric desperately. His face was white and appalled. "My God... Diggory!" he whispered. "Dumbledore ...he's dead!"

The words were repeated, the shadowy figures pressing in on them gasped it to those around them...and then others shouted it, screeched it into the night.

"He's dead!"

"He's dead!"

"Cedric Diggory! Dead!"

"Harry, let go of him." Fudge said trying to pry him from Cedric's limp body, but Harry wouldn't let him go. Then Dumbledore who had been checking on Harry, came closer.

"Harry, you can't help him now. It's over. Let go."

"He wanted us to bring him back." Harry muttered. "He wanted us to bring him back to his parents..."

"That's right. Harry...just let go now..." Dumbledore bent down, and with extraordinary strength for a man so old and thin, raised Harry from the ground and set him on his feet.

Y/n could just hear the crowd again.

"What's happened?"

"What's wrong with him?"

"Diggory's dead!"

"Did Grindelwald..."

"They'll need to go to the hospital wing!" Fudge was saying loudly now. "He's ill and he's injured Dumbledore, Diggory's parents, they're here, they're in the stands..."

"I'll take Harry, Dumbledore, I'll take him..." Y/n heard a voice say.

"No, I would prefer..."

"Dumbledore, Amos Diggory's running... he's coming over...Don't you think you should tell him, before he sees...?"

"Harry, Y/n, both of you stay here..." Dumbledore told them and Y/n just sat on the ground in a daze. Girls were screaming, sobbing hysterically...

He sat there for what felt like an hour till he heard a voice that snapped him back into the present.