Chapter 7

Cori awoke with a stretch of her arms until the satisfying pop sounded around the cream and grey room. She looked to her left at what she had been laying on and there lay Edward asleep. His eyes fluttered open and he immediately looked into her blue grey eyes and a smile came to his face the same as it did to hers.

"You stayed" she mumbled, her voice horse, from not using it all night long. "I did. I couldn't leave you." He whispered as he pushed a stray piece of hair behind her ear and she blushed looking at the sheets that were all of a sudden very interesting. "Don't hide Cordelia, your too pretty to hide." Edward said, remembering the words from the other day in the library, bringing her eyes to meet his with a finger under her chin.

"I don't want to hide from you anymore." She said softly. "Then don't." He said as he brought his large hand to caress her cheek, looking at her lips then to her eyes asking permission. With a nod Edward swooped down and claimed her lips. Her lips were be best thing Edward had ever experienced. They melded with his and he wished he never had to pull away, but unfortunately he did.

Pulling back Cori panted, opening her eyes, she looked at Edward through the haze that he himself had brought on and she leaned up pecking his lips again. When she pulled away he put their heads together looking down at her. "You Cordelia Austin are something special." Edward said. "I sure hope that is a good thing." She said quietly and he laughed. "A very good thing."

"I can't stay away from you anymore." Edward whispered to her. "I don't want you to." She said as she gazed back into his golden eyes. "What does this make us?" Cori asked. "What ever you want. Wether it's just friends, or more." "More." Cori told him and he smiled.

Edward looked down into her eyes, "Cordelia Mae Austin will you be my girlfriend?" Edward asked and a smile lit up Cori's face. "I would love to be your girlfriend Eddie." Cori said suppressing a giggle at his groan at the nickname.

"Cori, your pancakes are ready!" Rosalie called from the bottom of the stairs, breaking the tension, and Cori's eyes got wide, gleaming at the mention of food. "Hungry again love?" Edward asked and she laughed. "I'm always hungry!" She said in between laughter. "I'm sorry Edward, I do care for you greatly, but I love food." Cori said getting out of the bed. "You wound me Cori!" Edward called out as she went down the stairs giggling the whole way.

"Good morning Cori." Esme said as she saw the girl walk into the kitchen. "Good morning!" Cori said as she took the chocolate chip pancakes from Esme, setting down at the table. "Now you kids have 30 minutes before you need to leave for school. Cori, just eat your breakfast and then get dressed, I'm sure Alice has already gotten your outfit picked out, so you won't have to worry about that. Just take your time honey." Esme said and soon left the room when Emmett called for her.

Cori hurriedly ate her pancakes and washed them down with the glass of milk she was given, and rushed up to Edwards room. She knocked on the door, opening it to find a shirtless Edward. "Oh god I'm sorry, I- I knocked." Cori said slapping a hand over her eyes yet separating them just enough to barely see through, when she caught Edward smirking at her.

"I see you looking Miss Austin." Edward said walking up to her. "I am doing no such thing!" She countered back, seemingly appalled by his accusation, though not turning her head either, making Edward laugh. "Are you looking for your clothes?" Edward asked. Cori nodded still flustered.

"I think they are in Alice's room." Edward said. "Thanks" she said and quickly walked to Alice's room. Cori knocked then asked "Alice?" "Come on in Cori." Cori walked in and there was an outfit already set out in the bed. "Thanks Alice, hi Jasper." Cori said waving to the blond that was lounging on the bed, reading a history book. He looked up and smiled waving back. Cori grabbed the clothes, and headed to the on suit bathroom to change.