Chapter 3

"Edward Cullen is looking at you." Jess said the next day when they exited her Jeep. "No he is not!" Cori said ducking and taking cover from the rain. "He so is. He is giving the love me eyes." "Please explain the love me eyes Jess." Cori said with a smile. "You know the love me eyes!" Jess said while stomping her foot like a child. "Unlike you Jess I have only been in one relationship that ended poorly and only lasted two months in 7th grade." Cori said laughing. "Fine but just try to see them, he is falling for you." "Time will tell I guess." Cori said.

PE was a breeze for Cori as she seemed to excel in physical activity, the working with others part not so much. Next was history and she was kinda excited. She liked history, anything was better than math, but she liked it all the same. She walked in and her teacher, Mr Collard, pulled her aside.

"New seating arrangement. Your by Mr Jasper Hale now Cori." He said pointing to the curly blond headed boy. "Okay Mr C." She said walking over. "Your Jasper right?" She asked and he looked at her and nodded. "Not a big talker, got it. One more question, do you have a nickname?" Cori asked. He turned fully to her and smiled slightly.

"No I don't. People usually don't talk to me." He said quietly, yet politely. "Your a Texan, Cool. Your nickname is Jazz now! Everyone needs a nickname." She said sitting down and pulling out her stuff. "What's yours?" He asked after a minute. "My what?" "Your nickname?" He asked. "Well people usually call me Cori or Mae as my name is Cordelia, but you can call me what ever." She said and he smiled.

Half way into the lesson she felt a tap on her shoulder. She turned around and her mood deflated. "What do you want Dalton?" She asked. "What are you doing talking to the weird new kid when you could be talking to me?" He asked with a wink and she saw Jasper tense up.

"Listen asshole, just because he's quiet, doesn't mean he's weird. And you've asked me out twice since the beginning of the school year, and that was literally two weeks ago. Take a hint and leave me alone." Cori growled out turning around and placing her hand on Jaspers' clenched hand under the table not even flenching at the coldness. Jasper physically relaxed and smiled at Cori at the contact and at the fact that her scent didn't affect him at all.

"Your new nickname is firecracker." Jasper whisper said and she sent him a bright smile. He has never been calmed so fast before except for Alice. This was new for him but he would not refuse it at all. Cordelia was something special.

🩸

Cori next class was Art. The one class she excelled at. They were drawing on canvas today. And she knew just who her inspiration would be.

Rosalie Hale had this class with the strawberry blond and couldn't find a single interesting thing about her. Her brother seemed to be be infatuated with her and Alice and Jasper talked highly of her, but she couldn't see the appeal. She was currently sketching out the forest around their house, stuck, and she hadn't realized that the strawberry blond had moved.

Grabbing a blending tool and a paper towel to wipe her hands, Cori looked over the blonds shoulder. "Some staggered deer in the middle bottom would really make that pop." Rosalie heard from behind her. She just about quipped back something mean when she noticed her looking intently at her drawing.

"Your line work is incredible." Cori said under her breath but Rosalie heard it and smiled. "Thank you." Rosalie said and Cori smiled at her. "No problem! Glad to help." She said heading back to her canvas. The class always went way to quickly for Cori's liking. When the bell rang and the students were filing out and she was always the last the finish up. She noticed Rosalie go behind her station and leave with a smile on her face.

(Artwork does not belong to me, I got it off of google

(Artwork does not belong to me, I got it off of google.)

🩸

Chemistry flew by fast as Cori and Angela talked and worked on their project. Then came lunch.
"Cori!" Jessica yelled when she saw the other strawberry blond teen. "Jess!" Cori said just as excited even though she didn't know why they were suppose to be excited. "Eric said Sandra saw you drawing a picture of a certain copper haired babe!" Jess cheered.

"Would you keep your trap shut!" Cori hissed. "So it's true!" Jess squealed. "You two are gonna have adorable babies!" "Jessica!" Cori growled her face growing red and she put her head on the table. "Come on Deli, we have known you have a crush on the guy since he got here." Mike said. "Are we gonna get lunch?" Eric asked and Cori laughed.

"Eric, my hero!" She said joining his side. "What is it going to be today Cori?" Eric asked. "Pizza as always, nuggets, fries, and an apple!" Cori said. "You do realize the apple doesn't make the other stuff healthy?" Lauren asked looking at her plate in disgust.

"Oh piss off Lauren, just because you are the Lorax and speak for the trees, doesn't make you lord of the lunch line." "Don't forget about the can of Mr. Dew!" Mike said sliding the canned beverage over to her and she sighed, thanking the heavens. "Bless you Newy!" She said and he glared playfully at her. "I thought Newy had died long ago?" Angela asked.

"Mike here decided to say I never gave him a nickname, so it is back no matter how much he hates it!" Cori said laughing as the blond boy glared at the table. "Your Romeo is looking at you again." Jess said. "Would you please stop looking over there Jess! He is probably looking because your being a creeper!" Cori hissed.

"I don't think I am the creeper. They are all looking." Jess said. And Cori's head snapped to their table only to be met with 5 pairs of eyes on her and she blushed and looked back directly at Jess. "See?" She said with a smirk. "Shut up."

A/N: Awww the moment between Cori and Jasper will be a favorite of mine! I hope they become best friends!