Family House

Harper P.O.V.

"Motorsport, put that thang in sport"

I sang on my way home from my first job.

"Watch ya mans, you should watch ya mouth. Bitches is pressed. Administer mouth to mouth."

I keep rapping until I pull into my driveway. I walk in  the door and lock my car. Within seconds the dogs attack me before I can even attempt to ge to my room. So I just run into my moms room and jump on the bed scaring the crap out of her.

"Harper Elizabeth Paige. You are always doing something to piss me off. I had a long day and all I want to do is watch below deck. Is it too much to ask for some peace without YOUR dogs but all in my face?!"

" Mom, that's not even my middle name. Also, I've had a long day too and have to go to another job after my shower."

"Honey, I swear you are going to work yourself into the grave. And if you die before me... I'll bring you back to life just to kill you again. Who's house are you off to tonight?"

"One of the families I regularly babysit for is hosting a birthday party for their grandma at her house and she asked if she could hire me for childcare for the night if she payed me $10 an hour for each kid. I'm not sure how many kids there will be but she has 3 alone and she mentioned a big family. So I jumped at the opportunity!"

"Good for you, but if you don't give yourself a break soon-"

"I know mom.. you've said this already.."

"I just want you to be happy and you know with my connections at the school I can get you a teaching job pretty quick. It's not by any means easy but it's just from 8-3:30. Not all day and then some."

"You know to be a teacher you have to have a degree. I'm just not sure I want to do that yet. And if I can take a bit to figure it out and still make money. Imma do it!"

"You and that 'rap' talk. Alright. We'll get out of here and shower. Let me know before you leave so I can keep an eye on the ring"

She's so paranoid. We live in a good suburban neighborhood. Yes there's been talk about a mafia boss having connections live in this area. But the mafia controls a lot and I've never seen or heard them in the flesh. So I'm not worried.

After my shower I put on some jeans and a simple graphic tee then I slide on my rainbow bottomed (IK gay) vans and my lucky cardigan. I say lucky but maybe it's a curse now that I think about it. Anyway, I put on some simple studs and brush out my medium length blond-ish hair.

"Im leaving mom. I'll have my phone on me. Love you. Bye!"

"Bye honey! Be safe!"

I get in the car blasting a cardi B song and head to the location. I made sure I brought my purse. Which had my wallet and a swimsuit because the lady said there will be a pool and I'm sure the kids will be in and out of it all night. Yay. A bunch of people get to see my blubber!! I made sure to bring one that covered almost everything.