fourteen

26.5.23

Trent walks into my office clearly pissed off

"hi?" i say

he's been in a shite mood for quite a while

"its over" he says realising that newcastle had won their final game, they were now third and we were now fourth

"oi T, you know how hard you've worked, you got fourth and thats good for how bad the season was going at the beginning wasn't it?"

"yeah but we could have at least got third"

"T it wasn't up to you"

"okay but if i played, if you played me that match against west ham we would have won instead of a bloody draw"

"Trent- you know why i didn't let you play, because your ankle wasn't right, would you rather get injured worse or be fit for the champions league final in two weeks"

he stays silent

"come on Trent, ive got a bloody degree, you know that i know exactly what im doing"

"your right, okay" he says with a slight attitude

"now go off to finish training because you've got the last match of the season in two days, you don't want to drop points on the last day do you, so go end it on a good note"

he nods and walks out to training

.

im back at our usual cafe, just me and Sofie for now

its quieter than usual, most of liverpool is right now, its because summer's here and everyone's gone on holiday, but im obviously staying because ive got to stay and help prepare for the champions league final

"so, whats the news on loverboy?" Sofe asks as i roll my eyes

"as usual, still seems pissed at something, his head's not in the right place now, i don't want to be harsh on him and tell him that if he doesn't sort it out he mightn't play the final, but thats the harsh truth, i guess i might tell jude to speak to him"

"not thinking about making a move?"

i stay silent in my thoughts

i shrug

"you can't just leave him waiting like that"

"yeah but he can't just leave me waiting like that"

"bestie im sorry to tell you but your leaving him waiting, he wanted to speak about it but you've never brought it up again, what do you think he thinks?"

"sofe- its barely been two years- im scared"

"then why do you say your over Andres then- you don't have to lie to anyone, especially yourself?"

"okay but like its hard- in a way im over him and i fucking hate him and Jess- but in a way i miss them both, i miss the good moments. like to this day i still feel like texting them but then i remember that they've both changed"