Scanner — The series of 8 flashing red lights mounted on KITT's front nose are known as his scanner. The scanner is protected by an alloy grill and can detect the speed of a moving car, see around corners, ect. A laser blast to this spot can totally destroy the scanner and shut down all of KITT's systems with it. This is KITT's weakest point.

Security Alert — Alerts the driver to any danger ahead.

Self Diagnostic Analyzer — Detects any internal systems malfunction and diagnoses the problem. However there are times where this has been damaged and a diagnoses can not be reached without KITT's technician.

Signal — Transmits information beyond the range of a human.

Silent Mode — When activated can make the engine virtually noiseless.

Ski Mode — Lifts the car onto either the left two wheels or the right to wheels. Used mostly to get through tight spaces where the car on all four wheels otherwise could not drive.

Smoke Release — Also known as 'Smoke Screen', this released a smoke screen from behind KITT and releases out somewhere from the rear.

Spectrograph — Analyzes an objects mineral, metal, and gas content by analyzing light bouncing off or being emitted from the object.

Speech Synthesis Module — Manually activates and deactivates KITT's voice. (Example in 'Out Of The Woods')

Sub Zero — Immediately decreases KITT's interior tempature to 0°F.

Super Pursuit Mode (SPM) — Transforms KITT into a more aerodynamic car to be able to handle and exceed speeds of 300+ MPH, adds an additional 10% speed boost to Pursuit Mode (See 'Pursuit Mode in Chapter P)(Introduced in Season 4).

Surveillance Lock — Locks a vehicle into KITT's Tracking Scope (See 'Tracking Scope' in Chapter T).

Surveillance Mode — A sensory device that can detect any kind of suspicious movement within a 200 foot radius, activates the Scanner (See 'Scanner').

Suspension Synchronizer — Aligns KITT's suspensions.

System — A security feature that protects one of KITT's memory boards and activates an anti-theft device that shocks anybody who touches it with a high voltage electrical charge (Obviously not enough to kill someone, or even knock them out. We can see an example of this in 'Killer KITT').