- 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

THE CHÂTEAU WAS A SAFE haven for all of the Pouges. No matter where they came from, or how badly they suffered, they each had their very own struggles at home. For JJ, it was something as horrific as suffering tremendous amounts of abuse from his own father. For Pope, it was something as simple as being stressed about his future. John B was often lonely without his parents, Kie was easily pissed off by her mom's fancy guests and Quinta would do just about anything to escape her dad and the looks he gave her at the moment.

Either way, when all members of the group came together in the Château - JB's little house -, all their troubles ran away. Because they were together. With their real family. If being a Pouge taught these kids anything, it was that, despite it not being as thick, water runs far deeper than blood ever could.

Quinta rested her head on Pope's shoulder, whilst Kie tended to John B's cuts and bruises from the previous night. JJ stood around the living room, going on and ranting all about it. He said that if he saw Topper, he'd grab him and kill him and blah, blah, blah - just the usual JJ Maybank stuff.

"J, one of these days, me and you should start making a career out of banging them all up," Quinta said with a chuckle, understanding his fury for the Kooks better than anyone else.

"Hell yeah!" he cheered.

Kie shook her head, narrowing her eyes at the pair. "You, absolutely not." She pointed at JJ first, then turned to her best friend. "And Quinn - I get it, I do, but please try and keep your hands to yourself for a little while. At least 'til all your crap is 100% over."

Everyone went quiet for a second. No one ever mentioned much about Quinta's year away. It was just one of those things that happened, they wondered about, but they never spoke of. They all knew whatever it was that went on there left her marked, inside and out, but they still had yet to confront any of it. With a personality like Quinta, they all knew it'd be better if they dropped it until she was able to speak and open up about her experiences. Until then, all they could do was make sure she was okay for now.

"Yeah, obviously." Quinta shrugged. "But I'm not letting Topper frickin' Thornton, of all people, hurt one of you."

John B, whose face was bruised up from the fight, smiled at her. "Aw, thanks, Quinnie," he said sweetly, in a joking tone that made the girl roll her eyes.

Pope shook his head at them. "Why don't we all just agree to not get into any fights," he stated.

Kie pointed at him. "I'm with you on that."

The other three all simply looked at each other.

"Jesus Christ," muttered Pope.

Kie shook her head in disappointment.

The Pouges all sat back on the couch for a little longer, moving onto do their own little activities. Pope brought himself into a non-fiction book about Jack the Ripper and let his friends in on his theories over the 18th century killer. Meanwhile, JJ and Quinta played various games of slap and Kiara began treating strings and beads to make some colourful bracelets.

During this time, John B went quiet, which was very unusual for him, as he was normally one of the louder friends. He seemed lost in thought, and would occasionally glance up to see what the others were doing.

Waiting for her next surprise slap, Quinta raised her eyebrow when she noticed JJ looking elsewhere. His usual playful eyes fell into curiosity and wonder as he stared intently over at Pope, who was lost into the pages of his book. Smirking, she nodded. "Thinking on breaking our rule?" she teased, referring to the infamous rules of their group.

One of them, possibly the most important one, was 'no pouge on pouge macking'. They each agreed upon it when they were younger, when people assumed that the guys had crushes on the girls. This was before Kie, Pope and Quinta each discovered their own sexualities, and the girls took it very seriously, not wanting the boys to get any strange ideas. It was Kiara who came up with the rule, and they all agreed. Nothing about friends to lovers seemed right to them - if they broke up, they wouldn't just lose their partner, but also the tight friendship that came with it. Plus, they couldn't be bothered with all the drama.

JJ swiftly turned back to her, shaking his head before lightly tapping her hand, moving back to the game. Quinta kept her brow quirked, making him chuckle. She then smacked him back, a lot harder than he hit her. She enjoyed these moments, when she didn't have to stress or worry about anything else. These were the moments when she felt a hint of happiness - and, God, that was hard for Quinta to find these days.

"I stole some things," John B suddenly announced, turning to his friends and breaking the peace, "from Ward Cameron's boat."

Kie shook her head. "You did what?"

Pope's eyebrows risen. "Are you frickin stupid?"

Quinta's expression burst into excitement and surprise. "You stole from the Camerons'?" she exclaimed. "God, I knew you were my soulmate."

JJ nodded. "Risky job, John B. I'm proud."

John B shook his head, taking them to the point. "I've been thinking about the Grady White..."

Now, JJ was the only one left with excitement.

"Oh no," Pope muttered.

"I wanna go back."

And who the hell were they to argue against it?

A/N : i love the pouges and i love writing little chapters like this, rather than the entire plot and dialogue of the show, which i'll obviously also include, but filler chapters are my favourite

also, lesbian kie and quinta confirmed ✔️
and jjpope ✔️
now, we just need quinta and sarah get over their arguing and hookup.

should i give john b and kie a love interest each in season two?

alsooo read my kiara carrera fic, GOLD RUSH

love, tay </3