Scars And Ashes - Chapter 14

-Trent

My arm was snugly around Damien’s shoulder as we watched Magic Mike. I was watching Channing Tatum strip, with my hot boyfriend beside me. Could this day get any better? Although, something seemed off with Damien.

I had tried to initiate conversation with him all night, but he would just shake his head, dismissing the idea of speaking to one another. He’s had the same expression on all night. His ‘I’m thinking about some really important shit here’ expression. Even now, his eyes weren’t on the screen, he was playing with his thumbs.

“Is something wrong?” I asked worriedly.

“No it’s nothing.” He said sternly. Moving his eyes, back to the TV screen.

“Are you sure? If anything’s wrong you can always talk to me.”I said softly, but with concern.  It’s been about a month now we’ve been together. You would think trust comes along with time, but maybe I’m wrong.

He turned to face me, a scowl upon his face. His next words were indescribably ironic. Although, it made me think things I would never have thought. “I’m sorry; I don’t need to go to a faggot for advice.” With one last look at me, he grabbed his jacket off the couch, and walked out the door, slamming the door behind him.

What he meant by that I wasn’t sure or I just didn’t want to face it. Next thing I knew, I was calling up Scarlett, asking her to come by and stop me from possibly hanging myself. Dramatic? Yes.

When she opened the door with the spare key she makes sure to have of my room, I was in a fetal position on the ground. 

-Scarlett

Was he dead? Was the first thought that came to mind, as I saw him curled in a ball, on the hard wood floor. I moved forward crouching down and lifting his arm, then dropping it. His arm fell limply to the ground with a loud thud. I next took my two fingers and tried to find his pulse. Still beating I thought.

I had just come from the ice cream shop I had left Ash and Lauren at, many would think I’m stupid for leaving them two alone, as they were ex's, but oddly I trusted Ash. He would never do anything to hurt me or I hope he wouldn’t… 

“Trent, I know you’re alive!” I moaned to him, as I got seated on the couch.

“No you don’t.” He groaned and shoved his face further into the floor.

“Actually I took your pulse, now get that firm arse of yours off the ground, and tell me what happened.” I said, annoyed, I was about to play the paused movie on his screen, as I saw it was Magic Mike.

“Really, you think its firm? Well, I do try and work out, Damien said-” I quickly cut him off; I didn’t want to know what came next. He finally lifted himself off the ground and came to sit next to me.

“Want to tell me what happened?” I asked, instantly changing into my serious mood.

“Damien called me a faggot.” He said, in the voice of a two year old telling on his friend for stealing his Kit Kat bar. That was when I burst out laughing. This is why he called me here?

“So, you looked like you were about to die, because Damien called you a fagot?” I tried to say gravely, but I couldn’t resist smiling, and letting out a few giggles at the same time.

“It’s more serious than that! He wasn’t talking to me all night, as if something was up. He looked as if he was mad…maybe at me? When I asked him what was wrong, he snapped and said ‘I don’t need advice from a faggot’ and just stormed out!” He hurriedly sobbed and drove his head into my lap. I could feel his tears soaking up my jeans. Why must he be so dramatic?