IGNORERS AND VISITERS

A couple of days went by since then. Aries and Sirius leave for Washington D.C earlier the previous morning. The full moon was hitting the city in a matter of hours.

Remus was throwing a fit assuring Rose that he has enough time to get to the cottage. She gave him the stink eye making him submit to her wishes. To be real she was surprised he fought her on the matter. Usually, he would be running for the hills when the full moon came along. Though with current events he was attempting to stay longer than he could.

The girls, Ginny and Hermione, went out to shop in the city. Ron went to help his parents with anything they may need at the Potter household. That left Rose home alone for a couple of hours.

To treat her stress and boredom she goes to her backyard laying on a foldable beach chair. Her bikini body is covered in dozens of bandages. She rests a gentle hand on her stomach feeling the ragged marks under the bandages. She silently curses herself as she soaks in the beaming sun.

Though she isn't left alone for too long. An expected knock at the door and a quick entrance and a scream into the backyard later, she winces.

"What the hell, Rose! You nearly had me calling 9-1-1 when you didn't answer the door."

She ignores the man gritting her teeth as she takes off the bandages. He runs to her side pulling her hands away from going too far.

"Yo, hold on. Rose, talk to me."

She glared up at him. "I just wanted a little piece and quiet without everyone in this damn family hovering over me. It's driving me insane. What are you even doing here? I thought you had a case?"

"I'll answer yours if you answer mine. You aren't supposed to take these off unless you're changing them, Rose. Why are you trying to take them off?"

"I'm uncomfortable. It hurts." She snickers, "I'm not about to ask for help just to get babied the rest of the day."

He shakes his head slowly knowing he's going to regret what he's going to do. He leans forward starting to pick at the bandages. She looks at him warily. After a moment she goes around his hands helping with the others.

"Careful, Nick."

"I'm trying here. I shouldn't even be helping you right now."

She smiles softly through her sunglasses. "You care enough to consider my feelings. If something happens it's on me not you."

He sighs taking off the last bandage. The site isn't as gruesome as it used to be. The cuts are smaller, her tan skin is a bit discolored by the bruising, the smallest of the cuts are already healed, and the stitching in her shoulder looks promising.

"Do you want to sit?"

"Nah, help me up, please."

He extends a hand to her helping her to her feet. They walk towards the pool admiring the sunset before them.

"How are you feeling? The shoulder."

She rolls her shoulder back showing her improvement. "I can move it now. The stitches are nearly gone and it doesn't hurt as much. My stomach isn't as bad as it looks. I can do a lot, just not many extensive things. I'm thinking by next week I'll be as good as new." She stops yapping and turns to him with a raised brow. "You never answered my question."

He chuckles placing his hands on his hips. "This case is a little tough. Somehow the case is connected to chess."

"Chess? How so?"

He waves a finger at her. "No. Nope. I've been instructed to not involve you in this case."

She scoffs, "I doubt that. D.B. enjoys getting insight from me even when I don't work cases."