SURPRISE

Greg and Rose talked until they had to go their separate ways with just about everything. One of which was a mini argument about seeing her house. In the twelve years she's been with CSI she's never allowed anyone into her house.

It wasn't because she didn't like them or didn't trust them she just appreciated her privacy too much. She likes having her home to herself. It's one of her accomplishments she holds dear to her. After all this time she likes to keep that to herself. Besides, she's also not one to flaunt her money.

She settles her busy body in her workplace putting her undivided attention on the bullets.

Meanwhile, across the city, the Potters have gotten off their ten-hour flight to McCarran International Airport. Taking a rental car through the big city with Harry as the driver, Sirius is amazed at the sight. The large buildings and busy streets filled with numerous people don't compare to old London.

"We'll drop Ginny and the kids off at her house," he says pulling up to her driveway, "she won't mind." He types in the security code opening the metal gates.

As the kids mess around in the back with Ginny supervising them, Sirius gaps at the mansion before him from the passenger seat. "Bloody hell, this is her house?"

Harry laughs, "are you surprised?"

"I didn't know that Remus could afford this much in U.S dollars."

"Oh, he couldn't."

He snaps his head to Harry as they pull into the garage. "How-"

"She had help," Harry intrudes. He knows he was going to ask how she afforded this. "Between the money Remus left for her and Teddy, the Potter vault, and yours-"

"Mine?"

"Yes. If you remember when she was born you put money aside for her for this very moment. Her life after Hogwarts. You and Remus helped with her college tuition and needed books and exams. What was left was put into building this house."

As they step out of the car Sirius unbuttons two buttons from his shirt and rolls up his sleeves. He looks around stunned at the beauty of this house. I helped with this? He questions himself.

"It's so isolated," he blurts.

"She likes it that way. It gives her privacy away from society."

He huffs out a breath before helping Ginny and the kids into the house with only some of their luggage. When Ginny assures them they are set the two men are off again. The jet lag starts to hit Sirius as he's never flown on a plane before or felt its effects.

"Where are we going, Harry?"

"I am bringing you to see Rose. Since she's not working she's at work. If she's working a case I doubt you'll be able to see much of her until it's over."

He hums. "What about Aries?"

Harry sighs, "Aries doesn't live in Vegas. On the contrary, he doesn't even live in Nevada."

"He doesn't li— then where is he?"

"He lives on the complete other side of the States in Washington D.C. it's much more complicated to get in contact with Aries and to meet him than Rose."

"Why is that?"

"He travels a lot for his job. A job that requires him to travel to different States almost weekly."

"Are you serious?"

"No, that's you." Harry teases trying to ease the mood.

Sirius shakes his head with a short laugh. As they drive up to the lab. "I must warn you, she's changed a lot. Hell, Ginny, the kids, and I are the only ones who's seen her these last sixteen years."