Chapter 10

"You were the one for me. And that day I pulled you out of the slammer when we watched the water and talked about the little things, I thought maybe I had a chance with you..."

I wake up in med bay and see my arm bandaged up and a glass of water next to my bed. I chug down the water then go out to look for someone. As I'm outside I can't see anyone anywhere then it occurred to me, their probably having a meeting. I walk over the hall and walk in to see them all leaving.
"What's happening?" I ask and they all look at me and smile. I get lots of hugs but no answers. I then see Newt come up to me and hug me. I not so gracefully hugged him back and he said I have to stay in the slammer for two days because, "you went out there when it wasn't your turn and you weren't supposed to be out there." I groaned.
"Sorry love I don't make the rules, I just follow them." He shrugged and led me toward the kitchen.
"Come on, you can eat and then I have to put you in the slammer, okay?" I nodded and went to the kitchen. I ate happily and then newt took me to the slammer. As he was locking me up I looked at him.
"Two days?" I pouted.
"Yep two whole days." He smiled rubbed my hair. I shook my head and what he said next made me stunned. "There's a new girl btw. She came up today." He then walked away.

I sat in the slammer for hours before Thomas got thrown in.
"Hey," I said
"Hey."
"How's the girl,"
"Well she wouldn't anyone see her except me And kept abusing all the boys in the glade. She said our names when she woke tho."
"Do you know why?" He shook his head.
"She doesn't know either, she doesn't remember anything like the rest of us." He said and then dinner was brought to us by chuck and while I ate chuck and Thomas talked. I listened briefly but it was all the same everyone thought, where their parents were and will we ever see them again?
I woke up to the sound of newt whispering for me to get up. I get up and I'm pulled up by him and then he locks the slammer again. He grabs my hand and leads me to the deadheads. We both sit down next to the lake and I play with the water and he just stares at me. I look up at him and sit closer and then proceed to rest my head on his shoulder.
"I talked to the glazers and they think it's not fair that you get a more harsh punishment than Thomas because you were already a runner, so your allowed out tommorow morning."
"It's not the morning." I say, "so why am I out?"
"Because nobody has to know, and technically it is morning." I smile and close my eyes, feeling safe with him once again.
"We will get out of here." He said and I nodded,
"Yes we will."

I walk to the map room to find Minho and Thomas suiting up.
"Hey klunkheads" I say, "Look whose back early." Minho smiles then embraces me in a hug.
"Nice to see you shank." He said and then handed me my pack.

We stand at the doors waiting for it to open and once they open we're off.
As we get to seven I notice something strange and Minho does too because he says,
"That's strange."
"What?" Thomas replies.
"Sevens not supposed to be open for another week." I say confused as we keep walking. We then get to this part that was open with all these steel And rusty big thin walls were.
"What the hell is this place?" Thomas asked.
"We call them blades." Minho replied. We run for a solid minute until we see bens clothes. I pick up his torn shirt and the bag that he took and just hold them.
"Oh Ben." I say clutching them in my grasp trying not to cry again. Minho holds my shoulder for comfort while Thomas says,
"A griever must have pulled him down here." After he says this we hear this clicking noise coming from Minhos pack.
Thomas grabs Minho and spins him around to retrieve the thing that came out of the griever and holds it in his hands.
"I think it's showing us the way." He then lead us through the blades turning and going straight everywhere until we get to this place where i don't recognise. It's a long steep pathway with the sides of it leading down to a ditch.
"Have you ever been here before." Thomas asks.
"No." Minho and I respond at the same time. We keep walking at the clicking accelerates and then we get to the end.
"Well I think that's it-" as I say this the thing goes green and the walls start to lift revealing a dark circle. We walk to it cautiously and look inside the hole.
"What is this place?" I ask.
"Grievers." We then See the circle become a faint light and scan us up and down, it then started beeping.
"What the hell was that?" Minho asked.
As if responding to him the walls started coming down.
"We gotta get out of here." Thomas says and we start running. As we're running we see the blades start closing up we run through them trying not to get stuck and Minho and I run into this blade just before it closes but Thomas wasn't so lucky.
"Come on Thomas!" I say while running I can see him looking at him options while running at full sprint until he just takes his chance and runs through one straight into us. We kept each other up and ran straight out of there and into a little crawl space straight into the maze. We all took a deep breath before deciding to head back because we could see that it was getting dark soon.
As we got to the entrance we saw all the graders there waiting for us.
"Now what the hell is going on out there?" Newt asks as we run out.
"What the bell have you done now Thomas?" Gally follows. We slow to a fast walk and they all follow.
"We found something." I say.
"A new passage." Mingle follows.
"We think it could be a way out." Thomas agrees.
"Really?" Newt asked.
"It's true, we opened a door, something we'd never seen before." I say.
"We think it must be where the grievers go during the day." Minho adds.
"Wait, Woah Woah Woah." Chuck intervenes, "wait your saying you found the grievers home? And you want us to go in?"
"Their way in could be our way out chuck."
"Yeah or there could be a dozen grievers on the other side. The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he's done as usual." Gally says.
"Gally!"
"What! Im Right" He says at my outburst.
"Yeah well atleast I did. something, Gally. I mean what have you done? Huh? Aside from hide behind these walls all the time." Thomas says. Honestly I'm surprised, other than me, Alby and Newt no one has ever stood up to Gally, not even Minho.
"Let me tell you something greenie. You've been here 3 days, all right? I've been here three years." He responds holding up three fingers.
"Yeah you've been here 3 years. Your still here. What does that tell you? Maybe we should start to do things differently."
"Guys!" Teresa says and we all look at her. Except gally and Thomas.
"Maybe you should be in charge." Gally says ignoring her.
"Hey! It's Alby." She says and they stop. "He's awake." We all follow her to the medjack hut and see Alby sitting up.
"Has he said anything?" Minho asked.
"No."
"Alby?" Newt says crouching down to his level. "Alby are you all right?"
"Hey Alby." Thomas says also crouching so he could see him. "Alby we Found a way out of the maze. You hear me? We're getting out here." Alby starts shaking his head at this.
"We can't." I look at him. What did he see that was so horrible.
"We can't leave." He continues. "They won't let us."
"What are you talking about?" Thomas asks.
"I remember."
"What do you remember?" He then looks at Thomas with a heartbroken look.
"You. And you." He says looking at Thomas then me. They all look from Thomas to me.
"You were always there favourite Thomas. Always. And you don't even want to know where you stand in all this y/n. And the worst thing is that you didn't want this to happen and that's why your here." I look at him confused. We then all hear shouting outside.
"Why did you do this? Why did you come here?" He asks to Thomas and then starts crying. They all then run outside to see what all the commotion is about while I stay and comfort Alby.
"Hey shhh it's okay." He shakes his head telling me it's not okay.
"She was willing to let her own daughter and son die for her cure." He said looking at me with tears in his eyes.
"What are you talking about?" I asked and he shook his head and then went back to crying. I thought I shouldn't ask him anymore till later. Little did I know there wasn't going to be any later. Then I saw Mozart come in.
"What's happening?" I asked.
"The doors aren't closing." He says. We then hear screams.
Oh no.

I Hope you liked this chapter and we're nearly done with the story :)

-satayha