Part 3

She continued to call him every expletive known to English lexicon. Warren could see that she clearly cared for him. So let her vent as he twitched the pain out of his nose. As she swung  at him again, he parried and slung her over his shoulder. He grinned and teleported back to the island. In an instant, he appeared in the cottage. Vanessa continued cursing him as he plopped her down on a sofa in the living room. Jacob heard her loud mouth from outside, and came rushing into the cottage. Only when Vanessa saw Jacob, she shut up, and took in her surroundings.

 “Jacob what is going on? Where am I?” Vanessa asked.    

Jacob smiled, “You met my father. He is like a black-ops Merlin,” he said as he stepped aside for his mother. “And this is my mom, she’s a Goddess. Okay, I’m going back to my training. Dad, could you fill her in on the details?” 

Vanessa was speechless she thought her head was going to explode from the shock. 

“So are you going to let me explain?” said Warren. “Or you gonna cuss and hit me some more."

Still in shock, Vanessa just nodded her head in agreement. Warren told her everything, even more than he told Jacob. After the initial shock wore off, she explored the cottage, and stopped at the weapon wall.

Vanessa looked at Warren, “You’re Seal swords really?”  

Warren smirked, “You can’t fight Creatures of Legend with guns. Trust me I tried.”

After their brief talk, she decided to take a trip to the beach. After she made her way to the beach, she wandered along the coastline until she came upon the sounds of muddled voices and explosions. The noises emanated from a hillside clearing. Vanessa climbed up to investigate. Warren told her of Jacob’s ability, but she had yet to witness them.  She watched in silent awe as Jacob exploded large boulders with a touch, and Enyo reconstituted more from the shattered remnants.  Enyo saw her first.   

“This is not the time Vanessa, Jacob needs to practice,” said Enyo.  

Warren turned towards Enyo. “It will always be time for Vanessa,” said Jacob as he turned toward

Vanessa. “It’s okay, I’d like to know your thoughts about all this.” 

Enyo frowned, “Whenever, you decided get serious I’ll be at the cottage,” she stated then vanished.  

“I don’t know what to think,” said Vanessa. “I do know, I’m with you… All the way.”    

Jacob pulled her in closer, “That’s good to know,” he said.   

Vanessa gazed at him softly, “Warren told me that Zeus might make me a target,” she said. “He wants me to train.”            

“You don’t have to do that. I’ll protect you.”            

Vanessa smiled, “Do I look like the damsel in distress type?” she asked. “Besides, I’m a Navy brat I like Poseidon better anyway.”   

Hand and hand the couple strolled back to the cottage.  As the sun set on the day Enyo summoned forth a godly meal. They ate and drank with ruckus joy. Warren and Enyo delighted Jacob and Vanessa with stories of grand adventures.   Afterwards, they called it a night for they had to wake early in the morning.  Warren and Enyo always woke hours before dawn. It was a byproduct of battle.  They decided to wake the others at 5am. Unaccustomed to knocking they barged into room.   Jacob and Vanessa were naked, but still asleep. The magical food and drank had gotten the best of them. Warren and Enyo were far from prudes, but they quickly turned around and went back outside.  They looked at each other sighed and shook their heads.