Travelling Tension

Aang's POV 

I didn't know wether or not the others were going to wait for me outside in the hall, but when I got outside with my belongings for the hopefully short trip ahead. I noticed a sign on the door of their apartment. Informing me that they'll be on the platform at the nearest underground, they could've messaged me but its okay, at least I know where they are now.

My lack of sleep definitely isn't helping, I swear I can feel my body try to pull me back into my flat. There is no way I could fall asleep after that ton of terrifying dark info being dropped onto me from nowhere. 

I made my way down the stairs carefully, still not fully awake I'm struggling to act like a regular functioning human. The fresh air hit me like a kick to the chest, almost knocking me back to my beautiful warm bed. It's getting even colder, usually I'm not too bad with weather changes, but this is colder than I can handle, this isn't winter, this is the ice age.

Yet I had to drag myself to the station, I checked the time to see if I could quickly grab a coffee before the train arrives but I don't have the energy even if I had the time. I made my way to the platform and spotted the three of them, Katara seemed distant, looks like she didn't get enough sleep either, if any. I don't blame her that stuff was tough to watch. 

Sokka was clutching onto a bunch of maps, his face completely covered by them, he would rotate and scan each of them every couple of seconds, he clearly hasn't seen a map before, let alone one hundred at once. Toph was clinging onto his arm, also feeling the harsh cold with three scarfs on and a pair of pink mittens that I definitely shouldn't bring up because she'll most likely push me in front of a train.

As I walked over to the group I kept thinking about how I felt the night before, ready to take the first steps in my avatar journey on my own, bringing peace and figuring things out in tranquil solitude whilst doing some super cool bending. I should ideally be fixing this mess myself, I'm glad for their support but I want to be the avatar for once, just me. There is no us in Avatar.

"Look who made it", Sokka smirked as he peeked around some of his maps, I'm surprised he could see me at all, he must've felt my presence or something. "Couldn't help me figure out what it says here, maybe give me a hand?", Sokka was clearly a man in distress, begging for assistance with his crazy map collection.

"I thought you were a master map reader? Maybe you aren't that smart after all dummy!", Toph joked and playfully nudged his side, he laughed it off uncomfortably but didn't respond to her, something tells me this isn't the first time Toph has made fun of his tourist skills this morning. He kept looking at me, with an incredibly desperate look in his eyes.

"I would love to help but I can't read that language, and I'm pretty sure one is a map of Disneyland", I raised a brow, looking over some of the maps in his hands, he was quick to move them away from my view after realising I'm no help at all with his poor map choices. I left Toph and Sokka to bicker over how they would get to wherever we are going, I should've payed more attention to that.

Katara stood beside me, I wasn't expecting her to be so close to me after everything that happened, I thought she would've kept her distance and not bother me at all. It seems I have quite an irresistible charm she can't ignore, like her centre of gravity. It's sweet but I'm not looking for that kind of thing right now. It's best to protect both of our feelings.

"Hey", she kept her eyes forward but spoke to me, almost like she didn't want anyone to see she was talking to me for some reason. "This is for you", she reached her left arm out, with a takeaway cup and a small white paper bag. That's nice of her but I better not make her think I'm interested.

"I'm good thanks", I smiled lightly then turned my attention to the train that was arriving to our platform, grabbing my bag so I was ready to step onto it, but was pulled back.