Don't Cry, Life Is Beautiful

Matthew was dead. Alfred sat there, holding his brother's body. It had been done. Neither France, Kuma, or Alfred had said or done anything. they just wanted to lie down next to Matthew and die with him but they knew they couldn't do that. They hadn't promised him, but they knew that they had to stay alive, if not for their sake, then for Matthew's.

All three jumped sky high when they heard Americas phone ring. He didn't want to, but he answered the phone.

"H-hello...?"

"Amerika, it has been done... the-the country is dead."

"Yeah.. I-I know..."

Through the phone, America heard Italy crying and he could tell Germany was trying to stay strong for him. After all, a countries death was a horrible thing to go through.

"We still don't know who it was though and I feel horrible, that country was in too much pain to die alone like that..."

"Canada."

"Wh-what did you say?" Germany sounded shocked, it was the last thing he expected.

"Y-yes... it was Canada or well Matthew now..."

"I see..."

In the background he heard Italy sob a little louder, muttering 'b-but Canada is so strong and nice... he cant be dead...'

"Germany... do you think you'd be able to arrange a funeral for him... a nice one...?"

"Y-yes, bring him over right away so that we can prepare, while I inform every other country of the... o-of what has happened... goodbye Amerika..."

「」「」「」「」「」「」

Matthew's funeral was arranged and every country was notified. Nobody fought that day, nobody really talked to each other actually. Every single country was notified and every single country came.

Except one.

"What do you mean that damn tea loving bastard isn't here! Where is he then!"

"I-I am sorry America-san, but I got a phone call from him earlier and he s-said something very horrible." Japan shuttered as he remembered what England had said.

'Those bloody wankers think that they could pull a prank on me by inviting me to a funeral of a country that doesn't even exist! How ridiculous! I bet they put something in my tea in the last World Meeting just so they could make the pain seem real and pull this! I mean seriously, there's no country named, what was it, Kanadia? What a pathetic name! Besides, There is nothing above America, it's just... it's just America, dammit!'

America clenched his fist as tears began to roll down his face. "How could he?! Canada was his son that he took from France! I- I... I just don't know how to feel about him anymore..."

Japan saw America cry and felt really uncomfortable. He was so used to the nation being loud and happy but now, he was the exact opposite.

"Th-there, there America," Japan said, patting his back, "If England missed out on such an important event because he was stupid enough to forget and convince himself that no one like that existed, then he is no worth crying over, America-san, save your tears for someone worth shedding them for."

America looked at Japan for a moment before he decided he was right. America grabbed him and pulled him into a tight hug. "Thank you, Kiku..."

Japan tensed a little at the use of his name and the hug given to him, but just for this once, he allowed it and hugged back. "Y-your welcome... Alfred-san."