Unexplainable Feelings

The day the children arrive

Marigold's POV

I woke up to the sound of ironworkers at work. I yawned before scratching out my legs, rolling around in the cushions a little. I got up and took a deep breath before heading out. When I felt the breeze against my fur, I smiled.

I could feel a certain energy around me, making me feel that something was going to happen today. I didn't know what or if it was good or bad but something was going to happen.

I ate a quick breakfast, provided by some of the fauns, and walked through the tents, greeting Narnians as I passed them, some addressing me as their Queen which I still was undeserving of. I made it to the other side of camp where the training fields were. I looked out and saw Oreius training a large group of Narnians. He caught my gaze and bowed to me respectfully. I bowed back and then started to walk back in the direction I came from.

Coming back to my own tent, I walked over to Aslan's to see if he was there. I walked up the few steps leading to the entrance and pushed my way through the curtains, letting myself in.

Aslan lay on his cushions, sound asleep. I chuckled at him, hearing the sound of his light breathing. I looked around and saw a bunch of books and maps laid out on his table. As my curiosity was too big to fight, I went over to the table and looked closer at what was laid out.

War maps and records were spread out, marked up, and drawn on. All of the papers seemed to be organized in some way. There was also a scroll, separated from the war pile, that contained numerous characters and symbols I couldn't read. The scroll looked old so I could only assume that it was a dead language or an ancient language of some sort. Maybe it was a language only he and his father knew?

I looked back over to Aslan only to see him awake and staring at me. He had a smile on his face which made it impossible not to smile back.

"Good morning, Aslan. You slept through breakfast. I'm sorry if I woke you up." I told him.

"You didn't wake me, it's okay. But, what are you doing in here?" He asked me.

"I came to see you, only to find you asleep. I was going to leave but I saw your table and, well, my curiosity got the better of me." I admitted.

He emitted a small chuckle before standing up and walking over to me and the table. "Haven't you heard of the expression, 'Curiosity killed the cat'?" He teased me making me laugh and playfully roll my eyes.

"Well, anyway, as you can see, I was up late studying." He says, nodding to the table in front of us.

"Ah, so that's why you slept in." I teased him lightly with a giggle causing both of us to smile.

"Well, it looks as if you've accomplished something. I can see the maps are marked up and the records have been thoroughly searched so I can guess your planning strategy for the troops." I said.

"Yes, I need to go over some new things with Oreius sometime soon." He nodded.

"He's in the training yards this morning, saw him on my walk." I told him and he nodded.

"Thank you but for now I just want to talk with you. I need a change in pace from last night." He sighed. I could already see the toll the war planning was taking on him.

"Want to take a walk, get some fresh air?" I asked him but he shook his head.

"How about we stay here instead, get comfortable? War preparations and training are all that's happening out there and--"

"I understand." I told him, saving him his explanation. He gave me a small smile before we both walked away from the table and lay on his cushions together.