Bite the Bullet

Title : Bite the Bullet

Author : ALMcGurk

Status : Completed

Series: The Cohort Series

Synopsis :

"I don't make weak vampires. In you I made one of the strongest." The problem was I hadn't wanted to be a vampire. I'd never craved immortality, and now I'm ashamed. I'm ashamed because I felt him there. I felt his towering body press against my back as I stood at the bus stop waiting for the last ride home. His lips brushed my neck and inexplicably I'd frozen, immobilised without even the urge to fight. It was an illogical, dangerous, reaction. I should have fought, any woman should fight, but my mind had been filled with a hazy calm that forbid any battle. Even when my bus arrived and he waved it on, ensuring I couldn't escape. I sighed and surrendered myself as he held me against his front in a lovers embrace, then I tipped my head willingly to give him access to my throat. How I regret that action, that simple tip of my head which changed the course of my life. And when my fangs came in my world altered irrevocably, it became somewhere dark, somewhere filled with murder and blood where even magic was sinister, and where even my closest ally seemed more like an enemy. Even if he did make my heart skip a beat.

A/N: I would like to thank, @commentsvotes , for recommending me the books and I have instantly fell in love with. I didn't get a chance to read the others due to me accelerating out of school, but thank you :) and ALMcGurk keep up the good work :)