Chapter Five

Helllllloooooo there. It's been awhile hasnt it? Sure has. I'm not even gonna bother with coming up with an excuse cuz we all know that I dont have one, and that you dont really care either. Everyone probably just skips over the little authors note in the beginning and end, dont they? I know I do. BUT, I do have something to say at the end of this that IS VERY IMPORTANT. SO READ IT!

Logans POV:

I took Devin to my car and settled him in, making sure he was okay before I ran back inside to tell Michael and Jenn what happened. Michael looked ready to punch someone in the face, already feeling very protective of Devin just like myself. Jenn wanted to come with us to make sure he was okay, but I knew she would just fuss over him and make him feel weak and miserable. So I told her no, she had to stay in school for the sake of her grades. 

What a bunch of bullshit. 

When I was done talking to them I went to the office to tell the administrators that Devin wasnt feeling very well and that I was taking him home early. The woman smiled and nodded, letting me know it was okay. 

When I finally got back to my car, Devin was curled up in a ball, asleep. I would've been smiling like an idiot and gushing about how adorable it was if he didnt have a black eye and a bit of dried blood on his face. 

Yeah, I totally just called him adorable without hesitation. I've come to terms with the fact that I think he's just down right cute. But can you blame me? He's like a little teddy bear that you just wanna cuddle all day long. 

Damn. I've never sounded more gay.

I mean, I have nothing against gays at all. Whatever floats your boat. But I never thought I would be gay though. Cant say I didnt see it coming though. After all, I only had like two girlfriends, and the longest was three months. Maybe I'm bisexual. I dont even know. All I'm sure about is that I'm undeniably attracted to Devin. 

Am I going to make a move?

Hell no! 

First off, I'm not even sure of my preference at the moment. Sure, I find him cute, but I've never looked at another guy like that before. So I dont want to end up dating him, finding out it was just a phase, then having to dump him. I wouldnt be able to look at him the same again. And we LIVE together, so things would totally get awkward. 

Second, Devins very fragile at the moment. He's been beat up for God knows how long just for being gay. Plus, he's been through some shit that I dont even know about, and it must be pretty bad if my mom wont tell me. Being with him might mean more pain for himself. He might even feel pressured into going out with me depending on what he's been through. 

Third, we live together. We're almost technically related. What would my parents think if I was dating the guy that lived with us. We'd have no privacy, thats for sure. I dont even know what they think about gays. What would happen if they turned out to be homophobes? HELL, thats what would happen. 

I pondered about all of this on the drive home. My mind was on overload by the time we got there and I was just overwhelmed with all the thoughts running through my head. Devin was still asleep, so I had to carefully pick him up and carry him up to his room bridal style. Mom was probably at the animal shelter right now, and dad was most likely working, so nothing stopped me. I still needed to come up with a story as to why Devin was all beat up. I might even just tell her the truth. 

She would freak out, thats for sure. But maybe we could do something about it. On the other hand, that could just cause more trouble for Devin. My dad was the more rational of my parents, so perhaps I'll just talk to him first and then have him talk to mom. I could never lie to my dad anyways.