Chapter 19 | The red bird

Days later ...

With Lan Zhan's condition improving rapidly, Mingjue began to consider returning home, — but with Lan Zhan. He wanted Wei Ying to go with them, but every time he thought about it, he realized that there was very little chance of that happening. Wei Ying was finally completely safe, and his long-gone and sought-after brother was also back. Mingjue felt even more strongly that Wei Ying didn't need him or Lan Zhan now that Hua Cheng and Xie Lian were already there for Wei Ying. Mingjue accepted that it was time for him and perhaps his son to say goodbye to Wei Ying. He had already prepared himself for this, but he knew it would be much more difficult for his son.

Mingjue had difficulty sharing his negative thoughts and then discussing his decision with Lan Zhan about the morning of their planned return home. At the end of his sentence, Mingjue was prepared to expect Lan Zhan would protest, rage, or yell at him. But none of that happened.

Lan Zhan just sat silently on the bed, thinking carefully about what Mingjue had told him. While watching his son, Mingjue realized that Lan Zhan thought the same about Wei Ying as he did. Both of them had lost all hope, knowing that Wei Ying would never leave his brother again and that Hua Cheng would never let his little brother go again.

After their conversation, Lan Zhan only asked Mingjue to go home in the evening instead of the afternoon, so they still have a few hours to think about a few things

After their conversation, Lan Zhan only asked Mingjue to go home in the evening instead of the afternoon, so they still have a few hours to think about a few things. Mingjue agreed to Lan Zhan's request with a faint smile, then left the room to let his son rest. But after he closed the door, the elderly alpha sighed tiredly and sadly. Mingjue felt that Lan Zhan had suffered from the thought that he must be separated from Wei Ying forever. But despite the pain, apparently, the young alpha didn't want to talk to him about it. That's why Mingjue decided to ask an omega to help him convince Lan Zhan not to give up what's most important in an alpha's life.

------------------------------

While Wei Ying and Hua Cheng were out of the house, Xie Lian saw a good opportunity to have an uninterrupted conversation with Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan was in the kitchen, sitting alone at the kitchen counter. He held both hands on the half-empty glass on the counter and watched as his thoughts revolved deeply around Wei Ying. The faint scent of freshly made fruit tea gave the alpha a little calm. Xie Lian walked into the kitchen, grabbed the glass teapot, and walked with it to the counter where the lonely alpha was sitting.

"Orange tea? .. Hm, great choice." the omega remarked to the surprised Lan Zhan as he poured some fresh tea into the alpha's glass.

"Oh, .. Xie Lian. .. Hi. ... Ah, sorry I didn't notice you, I just..." apologized the alpha.

"It's all right, Lan Zhan, calm down." replied Xie Lian, then set the glass teapot down on the counter and sat down opposite the alpha.

"I see that something is bothering you very much. Don't you want to talk to me about it?"