Chapter 9 | Shadow around the house

Since Lan Zhan didn't show up that night, Wei Ying was forced to fall asleep without the alpha. But as he thought rightly, it failed. After hours of sleeplessness, Wei Ying finally got out of bed. He went to the other room, took a piece of clothing from the closet, on which he could still smell the clove scent of the alpha, and went back to his own room. Clutching and sniffing the upper garment, Wei Ying fell asleep more easily. But he continued to miss the warmth that he felt only when he was always in Lan Zhan's arms.

---------------------

Lan Zhan didn't show up the next day either.

Wei Ying hadn't seen him for 2 whole days, nor did he know anything about Lan Zhan. He didn't even know when Lan Zhan would return home, .. or that Lan Zhan was going to come home at all. Fear has not left the omega's heart, it has only grown. This led to another sleepless night, and this time Lan Zhan's clothes did not soothe him as much as it had last time.

It was just after midnight, when Wei Ying woke up. Through the window the full moonlight filtered into the room. The omega turned away from the light and looked to the other side of the bed, where a few days before, he had been lying in the arms of the alpha.

Wei Ying stretched out his hand and pulled it across the pillow as he thought back to that night, then sighed sadly.

"Where are you for so long, Lan Zhan? .. Why haven't you come back yet?" said Wei Ying softly.

A little later, Wei Ying got out of bed and went out of the room. Leaning against the railing, he went down the stairs and then continued on toward the kitchen. Since the light of the full moon almost completely illuminated the kitchen, so Wei Ying went to the kitchen counter without turning on the lights. He grabbed a glass and filled it halfway with water at the sink and drank a little. 

Wei Ying had just put the glass down on the counter when he spotted a figure in the distance through the window

Wei Ying had just put the glass down on the counter when he spotted a figure in the distance through the window. Wei Ying just watched the figure motionless.

But then Wei Ying remembered the old alpha's words - that Nie Mingjue was not only known to many, but even revered; even the (majority) of alphas. For this reason, too, no alpha or pack has ever entered Nie Mingjue's territory or near his house, at least not without his permission or in the evening. But some of the alphas and packs did not go to him out of respect, but out of fear, because they knew that he (also) had a reputation as an extremely powerful alpha.

That's why Wei Ying thought that the one he saw among the trees could only be Lan Zhan.

Wei Ying went to the door and opened it. A slight cold breeze immediately hit him, causing him to cross his arms. Wei Ying could feel the cold, but he could not smell the strong clove scent of the alpha. Although he felt strange about the situation, he tried to remain calm. He thought Lan Zhan was just too far away from him, or the cold had dulled the scent.