Chapter 17

Just by looking at the figure of the red head person lying on the bed looking paler than ever and whimpering, he knew something was seriously wrong. Alberu clenched his fists. He didn't like seeing him in any sort of pain.

"What is happening to him?"

He tried his best to sound as natural as possible.

"He was stabbed by a demonic object."

Eurhaben said. He had an odd expression. His eyes were clouded and had a hidden killing intent in them. It was the first time alberu saw him looking so angry without dragon fear.

How could an object from another dimension exist here? The last time they checked the gate of the demon world was still closed and eurhaben couldn't feel any demonic aura around the attackers. How did they obtain it?

"When he was stabbed by it in the henitouse territory I knew it wasn't a normal weapon. So I came back to ask sherrit-nim about it and she told me it could be a cursed object."

He removed the blanket that was covering cale and revealed his unbuttoned chest which could have been flawless milky skin if not for the dark veins that were spreading from his abdomen to all over his body.

"Wh-what? You are saying that he is cursed?"

Alberu had an ominous feeling just by looking at the dark veins trying to ruin his beloved's skin. His jaw hardened.

"Yes."

Eurhaben answered. His eyes never left the person lying on the bed.

Alberu was afraid to ask his next question but he mustered up his courage to do so.

"Can you undo it?"

"..."

He looked at Rosalyn who was standing a few steps behind him. She looked haggard and unfocused.

"ANSWER ME! TELL ME YOU CAN REMOVE IT!!"

He had lost the little composure he had left and had a look of madness. This was alberu's true nature which he had hidden for the last two decades.

"...There is a way."

Eurhaben answered after carefully considering everything.

"Tell me what is it! If there is an ingredient that you need I will find it no matter what. Just...please save him! I-I beg you."

Alberu chocked back a sob. He couldn't lose him. No matter what.

"Eurhaben-nim!"

Rosalyn spoke for the first time since she had stepped into the room. She knew that no matter how strong an ancient dragon is he cannot undo a curse that was more than thousands of years old.

"If you try to break it by force...cale-nim may not survive!"

"You know that when a curse is activated. It won't stop until it takes its host's life. Whether we do anything or not Cale's life is already in danger."

"..."

"Besides I never said that I will be using my power to break the curse."

Rosalyn was confused.

"Then how will you do it?"

"Dead mana. We are going to fight poison with poison."

Rosalyn's eyes widened. Dead mana was used by races with dark attributes to use magic and it is poison for other races.

"Call mary. We need her."

Just then the sound of the emergency alarm went off and a red grenade was set loose.

All three of them turned toward the window.

"Intruders. They are here!"

Rosalyn exclaimed.

Looking at the location where the grenade flew from, alberu could tell that they were at the entrance of the forest of darkness.

Suddenly eurhaben turned toward cale and covered him again. A second later the door opened with a bang and three distressed children barged in.

"They are here! If they try to get close to my human I will destroy them!"

Raon said while flapping his wings anxiously.

"YEAH! WE WILL PROTECT HIM TOGETHER NIA!"

On and Hong joined him with determination.

WAHHHH WAHHHHH

Apple who seemed to have woken up by the ruckus happening both inside and outside the villa started crying.

"Rosalyn go take care of apple and start to create a teleportation circle. In case of an emergency take the children away from here."

Alberu who had returned to his usual self instructed Rosalyn and turned to face children-averagin-nine before they could oppose.

"Do you want cale to get better?"

All three of them nodded frantically.

"Then you should stay out of danger and protect each other. I will make sure that he will be okay."

"B-but.."

"No buts. I'm sure he wouldn't want you to get hurt to protect him. So leave that task to me. Now go and take care of apple. Without cale he needs you more than ever don't you think so?"

Alberu looked like a father who was trying to coax his children to go play and leave their mother alone to rest.

Three children were looking at him with crystalized eyes. Hong was crying.

"Y-you promise to look after him okay?"

He tried to wipe his tears with his sleeve but alberu got on his knees and wiped them with his hands.

"I promise. I will protect him with my life."

The four of them left the room. Alberu stayed like that for a couple of seconds looking at his hands that were wet with hong's tears.

"Use me."

"What?"

Eurhaben asked a little confused.

"Mary is not available right now but she is not the only one with dead mana."

Eurhaben's eyes widened at the sudden realization.

"You...!"

"I am a quarter dark elf and I have dead mana. Tell me what should I do to save him I will do it."

————————————
Thank you for all of your love and support🤍

Which part did you liked the most?

Don't forget to vote❤️
And leave comment 📝