Chapter Three, Part Two

Chapter Three. Part Two

Steve McGarrett’s POV

The drive to school Kailee’s school was torture, I was thinking up everything worst possible situation there was. She was fatally hurt or she had hurt some else to the point that I would have to lock up my own daughter in one of the jails in which I send the worst of the worst. I knew that none of these possibilities were possible for a start I wouldn’t being to school if she was fatally hurt, it would be the hospital and second if she had done enough to get locked up it would be juvey, which honestly is pretty lax here in Hawaii.

I ran up the steps to Kailee’s school ready to do anything to defend my daughter but as I was about to find out, that wasn’t necessary.

“Ah, Commander McGarrett” the principle said as I entered her office, I saw Kailee sitting on one of the chairs that were in front of the principles desk.

“Principle Mains” I nodded sitting down. Kailee looked like she was going burst in laughter if someone said something out of term and the principle look seriously pissed. “What has Kailee done exactly?” I asked, when she had phoned she said she had been fighting but that was all she hadn’t divulged. However, when I looked at Kailee I couldn’t see any marks on her, so I was confused to what was going on.

“Kailee has been fighting-“she started

“That’s not true” Kailee spoke up from beside me, I sent her a look for her to shut up, which in the end she complied too.

“No, I’m sorry that is wrong. You have been teaching people to fight” the principle corrected.

“She’s what?” I choked out, certainly not expecting this. I looked at Kailee, who I had to give her, her due she was holding the laughter back. “She doesn’t know how to fight; I would know I’m her father”

“Well you’re not really her father are you Commander McGarrett,” she stated, she clearly thought she was a lot better than everyone else and there was no way I was going to have any of that.

“I am Kailee’s father from the minute I signed those adoption papers and nothing else will change that, now do you have the proof that she had been ‘teaching’ people to fight” I seethed, not impressed with women, especially since she was testing my patience with Kailee being my daughter.

“We do actually, last week we added camera’s to the back of the field where we get a lot of the older kids smoking back there, and it caught everything,” the principle said smugly. She started messing with the computer and then she turned it to face Kailee and me, I watched in awe as my daughter taught a dozen or so kids the basics of kickboxing.

“Nice job Kiddo” I congratulated looking at her, Kailee choked on the water that she was drinking clearly surprised at my reaction, I think she may have thought I was nuts at her teaching kids to fight.

“Are you being serious Commander?” the principle asked shocked.

“Yes, I’m betting the kids that she is teaching to fight are the ones that get bullied often and are picked on by the older kids am I right?” I asked looking at Kailee who was nodding enthusiastically. “There you have it; she was teaching them basic self-defence”

“That still doesn’t make it okay, fighting is against school rules”

“She wasn’t fighting was she, does that camera show her or another of those students fighting with one another?” I asked, now appreciating the fact that I had a skim over the some law books when the task force was first started.

“Well no-“she stuttered and this time it was turn to interrupt her.

“Exactly, Kailee and none other those students have broken any of the schools rules and I know the rules because I took my time to go over them very carefully” I answered. “So if there is nothing else I will be taking Kailee home today and she’ll be back tomorrow”

“Kailee will only be allowed into the school if stops with the teaching of fighting” the principle stated before showing us the door.

I didn’t say anything to Kailee until we got to the car I was driving towards the HQ,

“So where the hell did you learn Kickboxing and why didn’t you tell me?” I asked looking at her briefly before turning back to the road.

“A friend from my old school taught me and I didn’t tell you because you said no fighting” she admitted rubbing the back of her neck.

“Fighting as in, fights in school over petty things. But fighting to defend yourself I condone highly” I laughed touching her knee “I was thinking about getting you into some self-defence classes anyway, but now I know you do kickboxing that makes it so much easier”

“What do you mean?” she asked jiggling the leg my hand was rested on.

“Well, I was going to get you into martial arts or something but now I can get you into a kickboxing class that a friend of mine does” I said thinking about giving him a call now. Nate, the guy who taught the class was an ex-Navy seal retired a couple of years ago to start a family; he now taught kickboxing to teens and adults.

“Cool when can I start?” she asked eagerly

“As soon as I get hold of him,” I laughed, ending the conversation there. We pulled into the car park of HQ and then made our way into the building, Kailee went straight for Kono’s office and I went for Danny’s.

“So what’s the kid done this time?” he asked leaning back in the seat.  I sat in one of the two in front of him.

“She’s was teaching kids to fight” I laughed rubbing my hands over my face.

“You kidding me, of all the kids at that orphanage who had to run away it had to be the one that fights. Why doesn’t that surprise me?” he complained but I knew that he was having a laugh. 

So I know that this wasn't that great or that long, but I hope you all enjoyed it. Comments below :)