Chapter 5

I hated being cooped up like this. I felt like a fragging prisoner! I paced back and forth, the brute still standing at the exit. At some point I heard the groundbridge open and closed, but I dismissed any thoughts of it. I wanted out of this small room, I wanted out of this base, it was all driving me crazy. At some point the brute had moved, but I was welcomed with Megatron. Even better. Trapped in a room with the former warlord.

"We need to have a talk." He stepped further into the room, keeping his distance. As he should. I crossed my arms and didn't bother to look at the ex-con. I could feel his optics burning into my helm. His thoughts ran rapid, not able to piece together questions and which would be right to ask. He mainly was wondering what happened to me. The room was dim, but you could still see what I looked like quite well. Meaning he could see how scarred and dim I looked. He felt pity, concern, and worry. He pitied me. He felt concerned about me. He worried about me. Yet he had no idea what to say.

He didn't utter a word, but his processor was loud. Thoughts trampled over other thoughts. He couldn't find the right words. I hope his processor overheats from it all. He was the one who insisted on talking, yet, as the humans put it, he was as quiet as a mouse. Perhaps he knew I was using my unique ability and didn't think he needed to say anything. A particular thought caught my attention, but it slipped away before I could grasp onto it.

After quite some time, I was tired of standing there waiting for the former warlord to spit something out. His thoughts were getting quite annoying aswell. Also, this place was starting to feel cramped. So, I simply walked out. Shoving past the former warlord as I did. Nobody stopped me. They'd be foolish to.

~~~

It had been awhile since my awkward and annoying encounter with Megatron. No one had attempted to have a conversation with me, which was nice. Currently, I was leaning against a wall with my arms crossed in a corner, just to the left of the exit. Although no one talked to me, someone was always watching me, making sure I didn't make a run for it. I felt light tapping on my pede, looking down to see the female earthling, Miko. Curiosity rattled all throughout the earthlings processor. Human curiosity always peaked my interest.

I kneeled down to get a better look at the human. She didn't seem scared, not even in the slightest. Before the female earthling could utter a word, Jack had rushed over and grabbed her by the arm. Mikos expression faltering at the sight of him.

"Come on, Miko. I don't think we should be around him." Jack muttered to her, avoiding optic contact with me.

"But- Woah!" Miko attempted to protest but was dragged away. Jack was protective of her. It was a good trait to have. Sometimes. I stood straight up, leaning against the wall once more.

~~~

I was zoned out in my thought. This all bewildered me. I had learned of the alternate universes, dimensions, whatever they were calling it. Why were we transported here in the first place? Why were we transported and not them? If this was an alternate world, where was this other version of me? What did they look like? What did the other cons look like? Did they act differently? Was Megatron an autobot here? What did he look like? Did this alternate version of myself still have their minicons? Did another version of myself exist here?

The sound of the groundbridge effectively startled the hell out of me. Four bots emerged from the groundbridge, one I knew all to well. Blaster. He had been hunting me down since the war ended, and now he was here.

"Optimus, I take it this is our speedster?" Ratchet questioned.

"Blaster, pleasure to meet you." The red bot smirked, putting out his servo for the other to shake. The medic hesitantly took his servo, shaking it once before letting go. He hadn't noticed me, yet. Good. Blaster knew exactly how to push my buttons, and I'd hate to lose my temper or lash out here.

"I take it you are one of the alternates?" The medic asked, is that what they were calling us?

"I'm going to say yes, since this is definitely not my Optimus." Blaster stated, gesturing to the prime.

"Ratchet, the decepticons now know of the alternates." The prime warned. If they knew, I would be much safer with them. The medic nodded in response.

"Since you know of us, alternates, there must be others. Who else is here?" The red bot queried.

"Currently, we know of Megatron and Soundwave-"

"Soundwave!? He's here? I've been trying to catch that con forever!" Blaster cut off the prime, great. Now he knew I was here. Thanks prime. One of the autobots looked over towards me, which made Blaster look over aswell. I lazily waved. "How'd you catch him?"

"Catch him? We didn't really catch him, our humans found him injured." Ratchet shrugged.

"And he hasn't done anything?"

"Nothing really, besides shooting Megatron but that's about it." Arcee joined.

"He came here injured. So perhaps someone came here with him?" Blaster asked, his optics hadn't looked away from me.

"There's the possibility, but he hasn't mentioned anything of another bot coming through. Or said anything really." Ratchet pointed out.

"That's because he doesn't talk. Or he can, but simply doesn't. I've known him longer then anybody, I know what he's doing." Frag. Blaster started moving closer. "He's observing, learning. No doubt using that little ability of his. He's using you guys. As soon as he's healed nearly all the way, he's busting out of here. Isn't that right?" The red bot was now too close for comfort. He knew me all to well. It was about time I got out of here anyway.