Chapter Eight

After teleporting Lexi back to Hypnos I went home to the Underworld. I went straight to Tartarus betting that Than would be there.

I was right and I approached him. He was sitting on the edge the cliff overlooking the area.

"Hey," I sat next to him.

"Hey." We sat there for a while, just watching.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"I didn't have anything to do, so I came here to think."

"What about?"

He didn't even try to hide it, "You."

"Oh."

"Riv, I know you still have feelings for..."

I kissed him. I finally did it. It's not like it was the first time but that's exactly what it felt like. After a few minutes I pulled away. Not needing to breath comes in handy sometimes.

"...um," Than cleared his throat.

"You knew didn't you?"

"Yes."

"What? Why didn't you tell me?"

"You had to find your mate first to be able to feel it. You had to be able to choose between you mate and your destined."

"And you're my destined?" Than could only nod. "But... I don't understand."

"Linkin was your mate, you met him and then if you so chose you could reject him and then you would be able to come back and realize that I'm your destined. But he died, and you didn't choose it, but you could realize I'm your destined, your true mate."

"And I did realize it."

"But you didn't choose me, you chose him and..."

"Shut up. Seriously. When I came back for a visit right before Link died, I realized something. I didn't want to leave you, I realized I'd rather stay with you than go back to my mate. I chose you even before I knew you were my destined."

"Really?"

"Yes, and just to be clear... I choose you. Now and forever."

Than pulled me up and spun me around, "I thought I would never hear you say that." He let out his wings (yes wings) and enveloped us.

I laughed, "You always have known how much I love these."

We stood there for a while, me stroking his wings, him stroking my hair.

"Than," I whispered. "Take me home." He spread his wings and flew towards the castle. "No, I said home."

Than realized my meaning and switched directions. We flew in the direction of his home this time. We passed The Elysian Fields, and The Isle of the Blest. Finally, his house came into view. It wasn't very large, and kind of castle like.

He set me down I front of the door. I linked my hand with his, and led him inside. As soon as we got inside, Than pinned me to the door.

"I've waited a millennium for this," Than growled.

He captured my lips with his. Sparks erupted, and a passionate kiss turn more fiery than the Fields of Punishment.

After a minute I stopped him, "I know you've waited a long time already, but do you think you could wait a little more?"

"For you I will wait an eternity," he vowed.

"Not even I could wait that long."

"Will you stay?"

"Of course."

Than lead me to his bedroom. I was wearing a laced up, black chition, as always. But Than had modernized his wardrobe and was wearing jeans and a black shirt.

He turned me around and started unlacing the dress. Once the last lace was undone, it slipped from my shoulders, leaving me in a black slip. I turned and in turn undressed him, which left him in tight black boxers.

"I'm so glad you are wearing a slip, and not some lingerie or anything."

"Why?" I asked hurt.

"Oh no, nothing like that! I just meant that if you were, I wouldn't be able to stop myself from taking you."

"Oh," I muttered shyly.

"Sleep now."