Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Emily 

Aiden brought me a cup of tea and sat down next to me "What happened Em?" Aiden asked me with sadness in his eyes, So I started from the beginning and told him the whole story.

"Thank you for helping me, well saving me, Aiden, I don't know what I would have done if you hadn't shown up" I said, frowning, thinking of what could have happened made me shiver. I felt so lucky to have him with me and I'm so glad he was okay, I was so worried.

"I would do anything for you Em" he said seriously, I knew he was telling me the truth, I could see it in his eyes, I was so confused by him, would it always be like this, up and down, round and round, I put my hand in his and looked into his deep brown eyes .

"Would you mind staying the night Aiden?" I asked shyly. I didn't want to be alone not tonight. "Sure, I'll stay Em". We sat on the couch for a while, talking about the random things, trying to keep my mind off of what happened earlier, Just sitting and talking to Aiden felt good, it was like being being in a bubble where nothing else existed.

"Canihaveyournumber" he said quickly, looking down at the floor "Sorry, what?" I asked confused, not hearing him properly "Can I have your number  Emily?" He asked again, a smile tugging at the edge of his lips.

"Yes, finally, I thought you would never ask" I admitted shyly "I'm sorry Emily, I know I've been hot and cold and you have every right to think I'm an ass, I just, I don't even have an excuse, I'm stupid and I should have asked you the first moment I saw you" he said honestly, shaking his head "I'm glad you have finally asked me" I said happily "Yeah me to, It took me long enough" he said and placed a soft kiss on my cheek.

"I've been thinking about you ever since I met you Emily and I cant stop" he said, smiling "I've been thinking of you to" I admitted reluctantly.

He took the cup from my hand and put it down on the coffee table, slowly he reached his hand to my face, stroking my cheek and looking into my eyes, his hand leaving a trail of fire on my cheek.

"I like you Emily" he said seriously "I like you to Aiden" I replied as a blush made its way to my face. Finally he told me he liked me, something I have been wanting to hear.

I didn't want to admit it to him for some reason, I guess I didn't want him to have power over me, but he already did, I liked this guy a lot but something still bothered me, why was he so distant, I brushed away my worries and decided to go to sleep, I was exhausted from the long night.

I got up and led Aiden to Ali's room "Well you can sleep in here tonight" I smiled at him, I wanted him near me but that wasn't a good idea, I wouldn't be able to keep my hands off of him and I didn't want to give him the wrong impression of me.

He kissed my forehead "Goodnight Em" he whispered "Night Aiden" he closed the door behind him.

I felt safe knowing that he was here, tonight really freaked me out and I don't know what I would have done if he hadn't shown up, he was my hero, my knight in shining armour and a hopeful part of me believed he could be the one to take away the guilt and pain I had over the death of my parents, nothing could ever replace them but I needed to move on and move past those awful memories and Aiden could be the one to help me. I went to shower, standing under the shower head and letting the hot water wash away the incident from earlier.

I climbed into bed, falling into a restless sleep.

*************************************************************************************************

Aiden

I walked into Ali's room and couldn't stop thinking about Emily being just a room away, I respected her a lot for not taking me into her room, she wasn't like every other girl I had ever met, who just jumped into bed with a guy. I heard the shower start and I imagined her perfect body naked, water dripping down her body. Get a grip Aiden, Go to sleep I mentally screamed at myself.

After tonight I knew there was no way I would ever let anything bad happen to her again. I really liked this girl. I cant believe somebody would do that to her, I'm just glad I saw her walking home, I just wish I saw her at the club, how could I not have seen her, none of that would have happened to her, I don't even want to think what could have happened to her.

I shuddered and pushed the thoughts from my mind and back to her beautiful blue eyes, they were so deep and when she looked me its like she could see everything about me, like in one single look she could see the real me.

I thought staying away from her would be protecting her but it wasn't and I couldn't hide the feelings I was developing for her any longer, every day got harder and harder, all I could think of was her, she would have me falling in love with her in no time, every thing about her was perfect and special, she ignited feelings I never thought I would ever feel in my life.

I needed to stop giving in to what my brother and father wanted, this is my life and Emily is what I want, she made me happy, I hadn't been happy in a very long time and now finally I was, all because of one person, but could I let myself be happy with Emily, did I even deserve to be happy, I knew being with her would take time and it would be hard to just let it be and let myself feel for her but I wanted to make things with her work.

I had a bad feeling that what happened tonight at the bar wasn't just a coincidence, I was beginning to think that Daniel was involved and I would do what ever it took to protect her, my feelings about what happened to her parents were becoming clearer and clearer.

I wondered if Emily was okay in her room and if she was asleep, it was hard being so close to her but yet so far away in more ways then one, I finally fell into a nightmare filled sleep.