The Fire and the Scandal

Charity's POV

After last night I went home with two of my daughters. I tucked them into bed and then fell asleep the next morning after getting dressed I came out and saw my husband packing a suitcase. I sat on my bed and watched him.

"First, it was buying a house on the same street as my parents. Then, meeting the Queen. Then bringing Jenny Lind, then my father the other night." I listed. "When will it ever be enough for you?" I said as he looked up at me.

"I'm doing this for Liana, Caroline, and Helen."

"Look around you. They have everything."

"You don't understand." He said turning around.

"I do understand." I looked at my hands.

"No, you don't understand." He said turning back around. "How could you? My father was treated like dirt. I was treated like dirt... and my children will not be."

"You don't need everyone to love you, Phin." He sat down on the bench in front of our bed. "Just a few good people."

"I know that." He finished packing his case and started leaving with me and the girls standing at the top of the staircase watching him. As he was getting in the carriage they started heading down the stairs.

"No, no! Daddy!" I heard from them. "Daddy, no! Wait!" I watched with a frown. "Daddy! Wait, Daddy!"

Some people long for a life that is simple and planned
Tied with a ribbon
Some people won't sail the sea 'cause they're safer on land
To follow what's written
But I'd follow you to the great unknown
Off to a world we call our own
All three of my girls chase his carriage all the way until the end of the road.
Mountains and valleys, and all that will come in between
Over the time he's gone I go and see Caroline's Ballet recitals with Helen and occasionally Liana.
Desert and ocean
You pull me in and together we're lost in a dream
Always in motion
So I risk it all just to be with you
And I risk it all for this life we choose
Caroline, Helen and I throw food at each other during dinner while Lia is at a show.
Hand in my hand
And you promised to never let go
We're walking a tightrope

Liana's POV

Throughout the shows after we had finished up our acts the protesters were throwing more and more stuff and becoming much bigger. Phillip came out and grabbed my hand after every show and I grabbed Anne's as a sign of comfort.

Charity's POV

Never sure, will you catch me if I should fall?
I set up 2 plates but I accidentally drop the last one meant for Phineas' spot
Well, it's all an adventure
That comes with a breathtaking view
I tuck in the girls
Walking a tightrope
Close their windows
With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Blow out the candles
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
With you
With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
And clean up most of the house missing my husband.
With you

Phineas' POV

"It is as though we have learned for the first time what singing really is. Miss Lind deserves our nations highest esteem and most lavish ovations." Jenny read from the paper and rested her hand on my shoulder.

"I mean..." I say shocked.

"The world at our feet." Jenny says getting up off the couch "Well, Mr. Barnum." She grabs two glasses. "This..." she pours some champagne in the glasses. "Is..." she puts the bottle down and we both laugh. "To making dreams come true." She says after handing me one of the glasses.