The Search

Alex walked briskly up to me and grabbed my arm pulling me behind him. I looked at him with confusion but all he did was stare angrily at Phillip "Leave Lia alone Phillip." Alex said and led me away from Phillip. He stopped when I ripped her arm out of her grip.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked in a whisper.

"What is wrong with me? What's wrong with you? Talking to Phillip like you didn't come here with me." He responded.

"I came here as a friend showing up to wish you happy birthday and hang out with you. Plus he was just making friendly conversation."

"He doesn't do friendly conversation, he does flirty. He wasn't being nice. He was just trying to get in your pants. God you're so oblivious."

"He was just being nice. I swear not every guy you meet is like that. And what do you mean I'm oblivious. I saw the looks you and Katherine were giving each other earlier. You were practically making heart eyes at each other and you didn't do anything about it. She likes you and you're over here acting like you're my boyfriend."

"I was not making heart eyes at Katherine."

"Oh yeah then who were you making them at."

"You." He said so quietly I couldn't hear.

"What?"

"I was making them at you. Because I like you Lia." He said a little louder than we have during this entire conversation causing everyone to turn towards us. I stand there taken aback. He looks at me with confusion when he notices my saddened expression. Before he has the chance to say anything I run out. The carriage that brought me here was still there so I quickly told the driver to take me back home. I sit with a confused expression on my face. So many thoughts going through my head about how I hadn't noticed he liked me. After what felt like hours the carriage comes to a stop knocking me out of my thoughts. I exit the carriage, thank the driver and head inside. As soon as I open the door Helen and Caroline come running in and look at me in awe.

"You look like a princess." Helen says as mom and dad walk in.

"Sweetie, how was the party?" Mom asks and I look up at her with a frown on my face. "Oh honey." She pulls me into a hug and I let out a couple of tears on her shoulder.

"Everything just went so wrong mom."

"How about you go change into something more comfortable and we'll have a talk. I can make some hot chocolate."

"That sounds great mom."

P.T's POV

After Liana left the room I turned to Charity. "What do you think happened? I swear if Alex hurt her I'll..." I'm cut off by Charity pressing a finger to my lips.

"You won't do anything to Alex. Just let me talk to her. Ok."

"Alright. Let me know what she says."

Liana's POV

I walk into the living room just as my dad leaves and sit down on the couch with mom. "So what happened?" She asks me.

"After he picked me up and we got to his house which is huge by the way I met his mother. And she gave me that beautiful dress, I tried to deny it but obviously it didn't work out. We walked down to the party together and he introduced me to everyone he knew and after an hour or so he went to get us drinks and after a few minutes I started talking to someone named Phillip who gave me a few compliments but then we started to have a normal conversation. Then suddenly Alex showed back up, told Phillip to leave me alone and basically dragged me away. Alex then told me how oblivious I was and that Phillip didn't actually like me. We got into this fight and he blurted out how he liked me." I said, wiping away tears. "I didn't know what to say or do since I just think of him as a friend. So I ran, I got in the carriage that brought me there and came back home."