Chapter 9: Shopping At Lord Megamall

Firefly heard the faint sound of someone roaring furiously, and it seemed to nudge her eyelids apart. Moaning softly, Firefly dragged herself to her hands and knees.

Something sharp dug into her hands and she hissed, drawing back and trying to focus on the shining material beneath her. Her vision swayed, going in and out of focus. She picked up a shard and frowned.

Glass.

Firefly tried to stand, but her knees buckled and she fell back down. A loud, but unintelligible sound moved not far ahead of her and she looked up, blinking rapidly to figure out what this moving grey blob was.

It wasn't until she felt sharp servos wrap around her body and the red glow of Decepticon optics boring into her that Firefly realized that she was being taken by Megatron. She reached for her sword, but her fingers fumbled with the hilt, and ultimately, she dropped it into Megatron's palm and passed out again.

The next time she awoke, it was darker, but Firefly's eyes were more functional. Underneath of her, the ground was steady and flat, nothing like a servo. She stumbled forward and caught a wall, but instead of being even, Firefly realized that they were bars.

She tried to summon the surrounding heat, but the room was freezing and small white clouds were left behind each time she exhaled. Firefly slid down and leaned against the bars, her body shaking.

Her fingers brushed over the sheath at her waist, which was empty. It felt strange, as Firefly almost always wore her sword.

It couldn't be far though. The sword she carried was magic, and was bonded to her. It could not leave her unless her father was dead, a possibility that seemed far-fetched, considering how powerful he was.

"Enjoying... enemy..."

Firefly looked up, still holding the bars tightly, and the vague outline of a bright red bot stepped into her vield of vision.

"Knock...!" Megatron's silhouette came into view, "...contacted..."

Firefly's eyelids drifted closed, as her remaining energy shifted to heal more important areas.

They were gone. She wasn't sure where to, or how long she'd been unconscious, but Firefly at least knew that she was alone. The room was so cold... Firefly couldn't feel any heat and her body was having a hard time keeping hers inside of her body.

Her head slipped off of where she had propped it up by the bars. Firefly fell over, landing without grace on the bottom of the cage. There was a red glow not far in front of her cage, and Firefly brought her hand out, trying to grasp the sword that lay just out of reach.

Firefly's arm fell limp and she melted onto the floor, completely exhausted. Her body shook violently and Firefly curled up into a ball.

So... cold...

It felt like she had been there for hours. Her limbs were empty, brittle, threatening to snap at the slightest movement. Firefly's chest struggled to move.

There was movement to the side, but Firefly didn't have the strength to look. The top of her cage creaked and opened. Hope flickered inside of her. She was being rescued!

Something warm slid under her body, lifting her into the air.

"Daddy?" Firefly whispered, "How did you... get here?"

"I am not your sire." Megatron stated, pulling her out of the cage the rest of the way, "But rest assured, you will see him soon."

Firefly frowned, grunting softly as she turned to look at the warlord. His optics, red as blood, stared forward. She shivered.