Chapter 5 (awakening)

Two weeks later

Stella had been at Elara's side the whole time, she's red with exhaustion and from how much she'd been crying.

"El please, please wake up, I need you" Stella whispered, tearing up again.

She held onto Elara's hand tightly, and her soft cries sounded loud in the completely empty and silent room.

The rest of Elara's suite mates were either locked up in their room or sitting outside Elara's current room.

Farah was completely and utterly destroyed, she was beginning to lose hope that her daughter would ever wake up and when she was alone she would cry, and curse the Burned One that did this to her sweet daughter. Her magic had become erratic, so she'd locked herself in her office which was currently a complete disaster. Books and papers were lying all across the floor, her coffee table had been overturned, pillows from her couch were torn apart and two of her chairs were blown to pieces.

Elara wasn't awake but her magic was, it was aware of all the distress that surrounded her, which made her aware as well. She was perfectly aware of Stella sitting at her bedside day and night, crying for her, she was aware of her mothers erratic magic, she was aware that Terra couldn't focus on anything, she was aware that Aisha was pissed, she was aware that Bloom was rampaging around demanding answers from everybody on how to wake Elara up, she was aware that Musa had completely shut herself off from everyone and everything around her, she was aware that Saul threw himself into training, never giving himself a break, and she was aware that Sky would cry himself to sleep wishing that the girl he calls a sister would wake up.

Elara could feel Stella holding her hand, so she squeezed.
"Oh my god!" Stella yelled "Professor Harvey! Comes quickly!"

Mr. Harvey came rushing into the room, expecting Elara to be bleeding again but nothing seemed different other than the fact that Stella was frantic.

"She just squeezed my hand!" Stella said, excited.

Mr. Harvey went over to Elara, checking her over, seeing if she would squeeze his hand. But she didn't.

"I'm sorry Stella, but she's not awake, it was probably just a muscle reflex" He told her sadly.

"It wasn't! I felt her squeeze my hand, I know what her muscle memory feels like compared to her doing it consciously, I know it" She insisted, frustration and desperation lacing her voice.

"Yell if it happens again" Mr. Harvey said before leaving the room again.

"I know you're here El" Stella said softly, sitting back in the chair and laying her head on Elara's bed.

For the first time in two weeks Elara felt stronger, still in a lot of pain but definitely stronger. She opened her eyes for the first time in two weeks only to close them again tightly from how bright the lights were, and she groaned softly and moved her aching body around. Stella's head instantly shot up staring at Elara's face which had contorted into one of pain.

"Mr. Harvey!" Stella screamed.

"Don't scream princess, headache" Elara rasped, her throat dry and begging for water.

Stella laughed tearfully as she pulled Elara into a hug, gentle but firm. "You have no idea how much I've missed you"

"I've think I've got an idea Stel" Elara whispered into Stella's hair.

Mr. Harvey came in again, and shock filled his body as he saw Elara, awake and sitting up.

"Elara" Mr. Harvey said.

"Hello Mr. Harvey" Elara waved, voice still raspy.

He rushed to get her water and when he returned she gratefully took the glass and her throat thanked her.

"I'm going to get your mother, I'll be back" Mr. Harvey said and then left again, running to Farah's office.

"How is my mum?" Elara asked, worry filling her eyes, the eyes that Stella loved so much.

"She's a disaster. Her magic is erratic and she's destroyed her office" Stella told her softly, knowing she won't want the auger coated version.

"Oh god" Elara said, feeling guilty.

"Elara"

She looked over to see her mother there, looking awful. Her hair was still up but it wasn't neat, she had bags under her eyes, tear stained cheeks.

The moment Elara saw her mother, her walls came crashing down.

"Mama" Elara whimpered, finally breaking down into tears as her mother rushed over and pulled her into a tight embrace.

At that moment, the two other people in the room left to give them space and let them have their time together alone.

"Elara, my sweet girl" Farah whispered into Elara's hair. The young fairy clung to her mother, face in her mothers neck as she cried, feeling every emotion Farah had felt while she was in a coma.

"Don't ever scare me like that again my love" Farah told her daughter, tears falling down her own face.

"I won't mum, I won't" Elara said, her voice cracking.

"I love you so much, I don't think I could handle losing you" Farah said, holding her daughter face gently so she could look at her.

The mother and daughter sat together for a while, just savouring this moment but after a while Bloom, Aisha, Terra, Musa, and Sky came bursting into the room.

"You're awake!" Bloom exclaimed, relief flowing off of her in waves.

Elara laughed slightly, making eye contact with Stella who was standing behind them awkwardly.

"I'll leave you to catch up with your friends and especially Stella" Farah said, whispering the last part into Elara's ear as she hugged her again before getting up.

"Mother!" Elara gasped, suddenly very flushed. But all Farah did was give her daughter a knowing smile before leaving the room.

Her friends all came around her, each sitting on her bed.

"How are you feeling?" Terra asked, worried.

"I'm feeling alright, my side and my head hurt but it's manageable" Elara said, smiling at Terra who hugged her.

Everyone went around hugging her, and eventually it got to Sky.

"Never dk that again, I can't lose my sister" He said, in a scolding but worried tone.

"I'm not planning on it Sky" Elara laughed.

"So, what have I missed?" Elara asked.

Everyone went silent and just started at each other and then the ground.

Elara raised a brow

"Now I know you all didn't suddenly go deaf, what did I miss? Or should I ask, what did you do?"