The Wedding 13/10/22

All day, Alfie had been preparing for his and Joan's wedding, excited and jolly as ever. Encouraging guests, checking out outfits and decorating the Vic with Linda. He was ready to make an elderly lady feel like she was the most stunning, spectacular and sweetest woman on the entire planet. He was ready to plaster a huge, happy smile on her face until she died. He was ready to give her her final marriage in this world so she could die thinking she was the bride of a Moon.

The only problem was, was that Joan hadn't turned up to her wedding. It had been over an hour and there was no sign of her. Leaving Alfie in a panic and the guests in a snicker, they waited, with music and drinks, for Alfie's princess to walk through the pub's doors.

Izzy's p.o.v:

I sat, in the corner of the Vic's building, watching Alfie begin to sweat and worry. He was terrified that Joan wasn't going to walk through the door and marry him; afraid of wasting the time of his friends and family, his money and missing the experience of a lifetime.

I, too, was worried for Alfie. All day he had been so excited to get married to Joan and give her the best day of her life and she hadn't turned up. I knew that, once again, he felt like he had let everyone down, that he had been let down, but I just prayed that his bride would turn up to relieve that sadness and stress he was carrying in his chest and turn it back into a smile.

Narrator's p.o.v:

Alfie began to scan the room and found Izzy, staring at him with wide eyes like a little lamb. She looked worried, worried for him, and she was. To calm her nerves, he decided to go up and talk to her.

"Hello, Izzy, darling, how are we doing?" He asked her, taking a seat next to her.

"Where's your blushing bride to be?" Izzy asked him, confusion and worry present in her voice.

Alfie then sighed, looked down at his feet, and replied,

"To be honest with ya, sweetheart...I don't have a clue. This wedding was meant to be the best day of her life...but I guess, I was just fooling myself. I never bring happiness to people...I just mess everything up"

Izzy looked at him, surprised. Alfie was someone who brought laughter, joy and something new to the people in Walford. Everyday he makes it his mission to cheer someone up or to make it clear to someone that he loves them. He wasn't a mess; if anything, he was a clown...and maybe sometimes because he's stupid...but it was actually because he just tries to make everyone smile.

"That isn't true and you know that. Joan was so excited to marry you, everyone could see it on her face. She would give her last breath to be here...No, I don't know where she is either but I know for a fact that she is gonna show" Izzy told him, powerfully, reassuring him, "I mean, who wouldn't want to marry Alfie Moon?"

Alfie gazed up at Izzy and gave her a small smile, Izzy showing him a warm one back.

"Hey, Alf! Sorry, I'm late, I had a surpise shift at the chippy" Freddie then burst though the Vic's doors and wondered over to Alfie, "I haven't missed anything, have I?"

"No, you're alright, Fred. There might not even be a wedding after all" Alfie told him, patting his shoulder and then walking away.

Freddie then turned to look at Izzy with a confused expression and questioned,

"What does that mean?"

Izzy sighed and answered,

"Alfie's fake fiancée hasn't shown up yet. It's been over an hour and now, he's worried that this whole wedding set up will be for nothing"