[Flight]

word count: 2,016

------------------ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ------------------

Two days later...

Nanami fixed the lapel upon his coat as he exited a black car and retrieved his suitcase from the trunk.

A gust of wind sent a chill down his spine as he closed the hatch, peering up at the small jet plane he would be boarding in a moment.

He had tried to warn Gojo of this "dame" that would be joining their team, but he seemed to be very dismissive, refusing to believe such an absurd accusation. After the fifth time he attempted to reason with Gojo, the man had seemingly snapped.

"I did my research, Nanami-kun. She is one of us, and that's final," he had stated without so much as a grin or chuckle. It almost made Kento's blood run cold.

So he remained silent, contemplating everything, figuring out how he was going to keep his eye on Red.

He tapped the car with knuckle twice, to which the vehicle flashed its blinkers once and drove off into the night.

The wind had begun to pick up, making Nanami grip tightly onto his brimmed hat as he walked to the jet. Just beneath the extended ramp stood Gojo and Director Masamichi Yaga, both dressed in black clothing much like himself.

"She's in there already. Try your best and be tame, alright?" Gojo said, smirking.

Nanami wrinkled his nose, but did not give a snarky reply due to Director Yaga's presence.

"I will do my best."

Yaga crossed his arms and nodded his head towards the blond. "All of your supplied cursed weapons will be transported in a separate aircraft. I trust this mission will be done efficiently with you on the job," he turned to Gojo and narrowed his eyes behind his glasses. "I wasn't aware we were hiring recruits for this mission, but I'm glad Agent Gojo chose you for one of the candidates."

"Yes sir. Thank you, sir," Nanami managed to say after hearing such insanity.

Gojo stuck his tongue out playfully and shrugged, making Kento's eye twitch.

He was lucky he was the strongest agent in the JSU because...

"Well, I'm off. I will make sure you are notified as soon as we land." Kento grimaced as he turned to Gojo, trying to keep his formalities. "Thank you again for this opportunity, Operative."

Gojo placed a hand atop his heart, feigning tears.

 "I salute you soldier!" he dramatically sighed.

Nanami held his tongue, opting instead to bow as half-assed as he could.

 He passed the two spies and made his way up to the passenger opening of the jet. It was abundant in luxuries, like usual. Kento had boarded similar jets to this hundreds of times for missions, so the sleekness and high class of the interior did not surprise him.

What did shock him was seeing another person in the aircraft. 

Despite being told she was already there, it startled him nonetheless. He always worked alone when flying out of Japan.

Her e/c eyes were staring somberly out of a window, eyelids drooped and half lidded. She wore black as well; a square necked shirt with high waisted trousers. An air of sophistication was added by the tilted leather beret on her head and gold hooped earrings.

"It's a lovely plane, don't you think?" that velvety voice said, though her gaze stayed outside.

Despite being forced to keep peace- albeit relatively- Kento couldn't help but feel a level of disgust at her nonchalant energy, and he sure as hell didn't feel like masking it. He spared a single glance at her before placing his suitcase in an upper compartment.