[ Agent-in-Place ]

word count: 3,385

[𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚝-𝚒𝚗-𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎: 𝚐𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚎 𝚠𝚑𝚘 𝚒𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊 𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚒𝚐𝚗 𝚐𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚗𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚍𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐; 𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚎𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚢𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚎.]

------------------ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ------------------

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐤𝐲 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐧. Smog hung in the air like a lingering whisper, too strong to be ridden of, even if one tried to ignore it. Grey birds flitted across skyscrapers and gated fences alike, their cooing exchanged in a melancholy manner.  They flitted to the cement block grounds before swooping back to their stationary lampposts from the disturbance of a passerby or vehicle. The streets of the city- New York- were busy, of course, what else could be expected of the city that never sleeps?

The greyed and oily sidewalk was packed, restaurants were packed and so were the... pleasureful services as well. If not more. Clubs and lounges had filled themselves to the brim with male customers looking for a good time, to which they were easily received by women whispering sweet nothings in their ear and dancing on elevated stages for their dollar bill tips of appreciation.

One place in particular held men just like this, except for the fact that in addition, there was a certain woman- a woman in red, draped upon a leather couch, looping her arms around some chief executive with too much money he hadn't fairly earned.

Their bought out lounge room held the stench of cigars and brandy, the mirrored walls were polished, gold trim encompassed every corner of the panels. Dim vermillion lighting lit up their frames upon the backsplash, casting shadows of deceit and stupidity alike.

Y/n pressed her cheek against his shoulder, laughing as the businessman told another joke she'd heard at least a thousand times.

Shame.

Missions of stealing wealth from men grew repetitive after a while when they all were just greedy bastards in the end.

She hadn't found this particular one's name. She didn't want to and didn't care to. All she knew was he possessed something Boss wanted.

"Ah, Red, you truly are something," he chuckled, taking a drag of his cigarette that rested on the lounge coffee table.

She just smiled.

This man was gullible. Just like the rest. Just like the others to come.

In sheer boredom, y/n tampered with the direction of their one sided conversation.

She pulled away, making sure to bite her lip slightly and pretend to falter. "What of me do you think is something?"

He looked at her for a beat, then, as if she wouldn't notice, to her exposed chest.

"Everything," he answered.

"Everything, you say?"

Y/n glanced downwards, guiding her hands to his inner thigh and brushing her fingertips across the inseam. She looked up at him with lowered e/c eyes. "That's quite a lot, isn't it?"

His breath hitched slightly as he gave her a stifled grin. "Mm. It is, doll. It is."

She didn't let the idiocrasy of his desire show on her face, opting instead to give him a smile.