What Have You Done?

Y/n

Jack tries to lay a sleeping Sophie down in her bed, but she won't let go of his neck. Finally, she releases her grasp, only to roll over and fall out of bed. Baby Tooth gives Jack a scornful look. Y/n was trying to contain her laughter.

Why'd she fall like that?

"Sophie? Is that you?"

Jack and Y/n's eyes widen; their little companions freeze. Sophie, asleep on the floor, is quickly covered with a blanket and given a squeaky stuffed animal.

——

Jack holds Y/n hand to help her out of the window and onto her cloud. He closes the window and looks to Baby Tooth with a sign of relief.

"We should get back." The girls nod.

"Good idea."

"Jack..."

"That voice, I know that voice." Jack stops, confused. Where is that voice coming from? He looks out across the town, toward the woods, and the sound of the echoed voice. Baby Tooth looks to him, worried.

"Jack, what voice?" Y/n looks towards the woods, trying to hear what he heard.

"Jack..." With that, Jack leaps off the window ledge.

"Hey! Jack, wait up!" Y/n races after him on her cloud, pain running though her hands.

——

Jack, carried by the wind, flies across town toward the sound of the eerie voice. Y/n and the girls follow, trying to keep up. Jack takes a moment to orient himself and lands, settling on a rotating vent; as the momentum slowly spins him around, the voice calls out to him again.

"Jack..." Jack turns, looks to the woods, and takes off.

"Ugh! Seriously?" Just when she thought he'd stop.

——

Jack and the girls land in the middle of a thickly wooded area. It's spooky. Jack scans the forest when again he hears...

"Jack..."

Jack gives chase. He sprints through the thickets and enters a clearing only to find the decrepit remains of a rotting frame from a child's bed. Very creepy. What would that be doing in the woods, and how long has it been here?

"Jack, come on, we have to get back. Besides, this place is creepy, let's go." Y/n tries tugging him away. She didn't like the vibes here.

"Don't worry, there's still time." Baby Tooth desperately tries to get Jack's attention by tugging at his tunic, and tweeting desperately. Jack takes his staff and breaks through the damaged frame, revealing a hole leading deep underground.

"Jack..."

What to do? Jack jumps down the hole.

"Jack!" Y/n reluctantly jumps too, followed by Baby Tooth and Little Star.

——

Jack and Y/n continue along a long, dark tunnel with their little companions, hugging each other close behind. Eventually, the labyrinth opens up to reveal a huge underground cavern. Y/n continues to tug at Jack's tunic.

"Jack, listen to me. Please. We have to go."

"Y/n, N/n... come on!" Jack waves her off. "I have to find out what that is." Jack can't believe his eyes. Y/n turns to see what he's looking at and gasps.

Dozens of huge bird cages hanging from the ceiling, and in them are the mini tooth fairies and Starlings. They see Jack and Y/n, and immediately perk up, tweeting and flitting like crazy. Jack jumps up onto one cage, then quickly leaps and holds onto the side of another one. Y/n flies up to one and try's breaking the lock.