Chapter 6

(Haruko's POV)

When it became night, made dinner, and called Hiroto and Beth that dinner is done, we all started to eat. "How do you like it here so far, Beth?" I asked.

"I love it here. I hope I can see you and Hiroto in action." Beth said.

"I hope you can see us in action also." I said.

"Not trying to sound mean or anything, but when are you supposed to leave Death City? I'm just wondering." Hiroto asked.

"My mom said that I can stay here for a week." Beth said.

"Sweet." I said.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight." Beth said.

"Goodnight, Beth." Hiroto and me said at the same time.

"It's just you and me, now." Hiroto said once Beth went into my room to sleep.

"Yep." I said.

"What do you want to do?" Hiroto asked.

"I don't know." I said.

(Hiroto's POV)

My plan is working. I'm alone with Haruko. I'm planning on asking Haruko if she wants to be my girlfriend. I've been wanting to ask her since about a few days when we met and became partners, but I was too scared that she would say no. Now I know that she's definitely going to say yes.

"Um. Haruko?" I asked.

"Yes?" she said.

"There's something I've been wanting to ask you." I said.

"What is it?" she asked.

"Um. I was just wondering if you would like to, um, be my girlfriend." I said.

"Of course. I've been waiting for you to ask me that." she said.