3 Bruises and Scars. (Holden Blake >)

First day of school. First day of my senior year. I pull on my clothes that I had layed out the night before. I stare at my reflection, darker now then it was before I met Alex.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=27033151

I'm not emo, I could never be emo. But my clothes do mostly consist of black. I think about my old school when I wore pink and yellow. Colors I couldn't find in my closet unless it was on a black shirt.

Alex didn't force me to start wearing black. I did it on my own. I'm not even really sure how it happened, I just slowly started to buy darker and get rid of the brighter. I guess Alex sort of did this to me. I started to wear longer sleeved shirts in case he bruised my wrists. I started to need to cover up my skin at random times. Eventually my clothes turned to black and now here I am.

I sigh flicking my hair from my face.

"Don't you look nice."

I turn surprised, putting my hand over my heart. Alex pushes off the door frame and walks over to me wrapping his arms around my waist.

"You scared me." I lean into him.

He pecks my lips, "Sorry, You ready to go yet?"

I pull away, "Almost." I grab my converse sitting on the bed to put them on. "I didn't expect you to come up." He usually waits inside the car.

"Well I noticed neither of your parents are home."

I look up from tieing my shoe, "Yeah they went to a baking convention for the week."

Alex smiles, "Really? Can I sleep over tonight?"

I stand up grabbing my bag, "As long as we're in bed early."

Alex smiles, "Maybe I never planed to leave the bed at all."

He takes my hand and leads me downstairs.

"You know what I mean."

He laughs and when I step off the stairs he grabs me and wraps his arms around my waist again. He kisses my lips.

"Come on Alex you don't want to be late the first day of school. Do you?"

"No," He sighs.

He takes my hand again, going to the car.

When we get to the school I climb out of the car and we head to the caffeteria where our group of friends hang out in the morning. We walk in and all sorts of people start saying hi to us.

I smile as a geeky girl with glasses, blushes as she says hi to Alex.

"Scarlete! Alex!" We turn to see Josie waving to us.

We walk over and she hops off the table where she'd been sitting and gives me a hug.

"Alex I know she's your girlfriend and all but you didn't have to hide her all summer!"

He smiles and his dimples make even Josie soften, "I'm sorry but you know I don't like to share."

Alex drags me over to Spencer and starts to talk. I look over to see Melanie cuddled beneath Jasons arm.

I lean towards Josie, "Dating?" I whisper to her.

Melanie and Jason have the most complicated relationship I've ever seen.

"I think so." She whispers back.

Jason and Melanie like to hook up all the time, but they make the worst couple. The longest they've ever dated is a month and a half. I watch as Jason leans down and kisses her neck.