Be Careful What You Wish For; Chapter 1

Just putting it out there, I am Australian so some words, such as 'color' is spelt 'colour' in Australia, so don't mind me (: 

tell me what you think! 

x

Chapter One

Penelope Stevens. The absolute number one, prettiest, smartest, sexiest girl in school. Yes, I know that might have sounded a bit strange coming from a girl. But it’s true! She is so gorgeous, she has everything, and she has everything she ever wanted. I had known her since we were in kindergarten, and she was popular then too! Obviously, someone like her did stuff like ballet, volleyball and pageants. So what if I was jealous of her? She had the perfect boyfriend, Jude Watts, and even, the perfect hair. I really was green with envy inside and out. I wanted to be just like her, I wanted to have everything she had. You can’t blame me.

You see, I’m an average Joe, or as they say. I have a two annoying younger siblings, my hair was pretty average, I got average grades, a best friend named Eddie Pikilous, and saddest of all, I was flat chested. No guys wanted me, well except from what I can remember Jacob Jones, the nerdest guy, who, as a matter of fact, still ate his snot until grade eight.

Although Penelope was a bitch, she was everything a girl wanted to be.

“Wow, she has the best wardrobe collection doesn’t she?” I moaned to Eddie. He shut his locker and turned to gaze at the direction I was. His eyebrow rose when he looked back at me.

“Jessica, she is wearing the exact same uniform as us,” He stated, not amused. I sighed. I knew she was wearing the same uniform, but the way she wore it, how she walked in it with her perfect black high heels, that was what I was referring to. I turned to walk to class with Eddie, he was talking about his new game he had gotten on the weekend and was asking if I could sleepover on next weekend. I nodded, as I watched the floor move while walking. Sleepover with Eddie, you must be thinking bad thoughts don’t you? But no. It wasn’t like that. We aren’t the typical cliché best friends who end up falling in love that would just be the strangest thing. No, we knew each other since before we were born; our parents were friends when they were little, so, naturally, we were best friends.

Our science teacher ranted on and on about a once in a life time, Jupiter being close to us so we could see it on Thursday. Who cared about planets? No one cared.

“Hey, so want to come to the Grande Markets? Its only here like once every three months?” Asked Eddie after class. I shook my head, I had to cook tonight.

“Sorry, I’m cooking tonight so I can’t,” he nodded. I bet he was going with his sister Nikki. I giggled. They really hated each other sometimes. Lunch was depressing. I saw Penelope and Jude holding hands and laughing. I wished I had someone like Jude; he was cute, smart and athletic. He was a winner, but no. How could Penelope and Jude end up together like that? They were like made for each other huh? God really favoured them. 

Thursday

“Wake up, wake up!” Shouted Max and Lucy. Max, he was nine, was jumping on my bed, while Lucy, who was six, was shaping my face. I sighed. They were my alarm clock, as cute as they were , they still annoyed me to death.

“Okay! Oh Kay!” Lucy tried to pull my blanket off me, but I pulled it back up. Max slipped and bounced on the bed, suspending me in the air for a split second. I groaned. Couldn’t a girl have some peace and quiet?

 I met up with Eddie at the cafeteria at recess. I had an egg and lettuce sandwich. It made my whole bag smell like someone gassed it. Embarrassed, I ate it out of my brown paper bag so that no one could see. Eddie chuckled, as he pulled out an apple as well as a blue gift bag.