Chapter 55: Meeting Bruce

⍟ ⎊ ⧗Chapter 55: Meeting Bruce⍟ ⎊ ⧗

The next morning, the plan was set in action. Hulk got Scrapper 142, who also happened to be a Valkyrie, to the door of the room, where this time two guards stood until Valkyrie walked inside. Thor had told me about the Valkyries. Apparently, they were a team of female elite soldiers, sworn to protect the throne. However, legend has it that they were all dead. And yet, here stood one of them. Valkyrie made her way towards Hulk. 

"Angry girl." Hulk greeted her.

Valkyrie let out a chuckle. Hulk played around, swinging his hammer. Valkyrie dodged, sliding across the floor underneath him before standing back up, playfully kicking him to the ground.

"What's going on? What are you..." Valkyrie began.

However, her face fell when she saw Thor. Valkyrie narrowed her eyes before she stormed off, prepared to leave.

"You're so thick-headed that you can't tell when someone's hiding all the way across the universe and wants to be left alone?" Valkyrie questioned.

"We need to talk." Thor began.

"No, you wanna talk to me." Valkyrie corrected.

Thor glanced over at Hulk. "I need her to stay."

"Stay?" Hulk repeated before going over towards his bed. "Block."

He then hurled the bed frame of the skull of an animal. Right before Valkyrie could reach the door, Hulk threw the skull right in front of her, barely missing the Asgardian. Thor and I spun around, looking at Hulk, mortified. What the hell?

"Stay." Hulk urged. "Please."

"Please." Thor added.

Reluctantly, Valkyrie stopped, turning back around to face us. She gave him a small nod. "All right. Here's the deal. I'll listen to you..."

She trailed off as she walked over towards the rack of drinks, grabbing a big jug before continuing. "...till this is empty."

"Asgard is in danger and people are dying. We need to get back there. I need your help." Thor urged.

Thor and I then watched as she finished the entire huge jug. My eyes widened in shock. Wow...that was impressive. I mean, it wasn't healthy, but that was some skill.

"Wow." Thor said in disbelief.

"Finished. Bye." Valkyrie retorted.

She then dropped the jug on the ground, causing it to shatter into a tiny million of pieces. Before she could walk off though, Thor blurted out.

"Odin is dead. Hela, the Goddess of Death, has invaded Asgard." Thor revealed.

This was enough to stop Valkyrie. However, she wore a grim look. "If Hela's back, then Asgard's already lost."

"I'm going to stop her." Thor replied.

"Alone?" Valkyrie inquired in disbelief.

"Nope. I'm putting together a team. It's me, you, Mariana, and the big guy." Thor mentioned. 

"No. No team. Only Hulk." Hulk retorted as he played with a ball, throwing it against the wall. 

"It's me, Mariana, and you." Thor reiterated.

"I think it's only you and your friend here." Valkyrie retorted.

"Wait, just listen. The Valkyrie are legend." Thor persisted, standing in front of Valkyrie to stop her from going anywhere. "Elite warriors of Asgard sworn to defend the throne."