Daisy and Lucinda Part 2 (Edited)

Inside Jackie Tyler's flat, Rose is sitting in front of the TV, watching the news while her mum is on the phone to one of her friends. "The whole of Central London has been closed off as police investigate the fire. Early reports indicate..."

"I know!" Jackie exclaims dramatically. "It's on the telly! It's everywhere! She's lucky to be alive. Honestly, it's aged her. Skin like an old bible. Walking into the living room to see Rose watching it on the TV, you'd think I was her daughter. Oh, and here's himself."

Rose rolls her eyes as Mickey walks in, going straight towards her and stands in front of the TV before they hug. "I can't believe that your shop went up! Do you think Daisy is okay?"

"Don't make a fuss, Mickey, she's fine." Rose tells him with irritation clear on her face. "Besides, you're my boyfriend, not hers. Why do you even care what happens to her?"

He glares at her as normal sisters would care about one another. "Well, she's my best friend!" Mickey sees she looks angry enough to slap him, so he quickly changes the conversation. "So, did they say what happened?"

"No!" She snaps at him before realising who she's talking to. "Sorry."

"What was it though?" Mickey asks, gesturing to the TV with the shop building still showing on flames from the explosion. "What caused it? Do you think Daisy knows?"

"I wasn't in the shop, Mickey." Rose sighs, sitting back down on the couch. "I was here with you most of the day. I didn't see anything, obviously."

"It's Debbie on the end." Jackie interrupts, holding out the phone to Rose. "She knows a man on the Mirror. Five hundred quid for an interview."

"Oh, that's brilliant!" Rose groans, rolling her eyes as she holds her hand out for the phone. "Give it here."

Jackie places the phone in her hand, only for Rose to hang up on Debbie then hands it back to her mother.

"Well, you've got to find some way of making money." Jackie glares at her. "Your job's kaput and I'm not bailing you out."

The phone rings again, and Jackie answers. "Bev! She's alive. I've told her, sue for compensation. She could've been within seconds of death if she went in today."

Mickey frowns at the cup Rose is holding. "What're you drinking, tea?" He takes it off her to see it is in fact tea. "Nah, nah, that's no good, that's no good. You're in shock at the news. You need something stronger."

"I'm all right." Rose comments with irritation starting to show on her face.

"Now, come on, you deserve a proper drink." He tries to urge her. "We're going down the pub, you and me. My treat. How about it?"

Rose raises an eyebrow at him knowing Mickey isn't just going to make her feel better. "Is there a match on?"

He shifts uncomfortable knowing that Rose has caught him out. "No...I'm just thinking about you, babe."

"There's a match on, ain't there?"

Mickey sighs with defeat. "That's not the point, but we could catch the last five minutes!"

"Go on, then." She grins at him then gestures to the door with a nod of the head. "I'm fine, really. Go."

Mickey kisses her, then walks toward the door. "Bye, bye."

"Bye." Rose smiles in return before sighing in relief when she hears the front door close meaning she wouldn't have to listen to her boyfriend talking about the shop any longer.

"Fire then spread throughout the store." The news continues, just about hearing it as Jackie's voice is almost drowning it out through talking loudly to her friend on the phone. "Fifteen fire crews are in attendance, though it's thought there is very little chance of saving the infrastructure."