Chapter 9. Too many chances.

15 Minutes later Zac and Fatima pulled up to the house, and went inside.

Fatima: Lori? Lori? Where you at?
Lori walks in from the back deck, Lori already had her hair tied and Vaseline on her face.

Lori: Imma handle Nate, just make sure the bitch don't try shit?

Fatima: Let's go.

Zac: hold on don't leave out yet, give me second.

Zac went upstairs to check on , Noor, Nasir and Zayden they was all sleeping, Zac didn't wanna bother to wake them and put them in the bed so he just left them where they and put covers over them. Zac and Fatima was big on bath time before bed but tonight things got a little hectic so they just let Zay be, Zac changed into some basketball shorts, White Tee, and some slippers and went back downstairs

Zac: Let's go

Lori, Zac and Fatima headed next door to Deja's house. Lori ran to her car real quick to grab the bat, the way Lori was about to act a fool, she know after tonight her and Nate was done, to many chances she give this man, and all he ever did was fucks her over. Zac knocked on the door and Deja answered.

Deja: Zac can I hel...

Lori: Get the fuck out the way

Lori bushed past Deja, and went straight to Deja backyard. Nate was just sitting there smoking, next thing you know Lori just socked tf outta this nigga without any remorse. She didn't even have patience anymore, she fought this nigga so many times and he still does the time shit over and over.

Nate: Lori what the fuck are you here how you even know I was here

Lori don't even explain herself, she just takes her ring off and heads back over Zac and Fatima's house, Zac and Fatima just watched the whole altercation, Fatima walks back over with Lori and Zac stays.

Zac: Bro how many times have a told you fucking around with this broads gone have you losing the best thing that ever happened to you, bro you gotta grow up and the worse part of it your kids is next door bro imagine if they was outside playing in the back and heard your voice, then what bro?

Nathan: Noor and Nasir is over there?

Zac: yes bro they upstairs sleep with Zayden

Nathan: I fuck up man

Zac: Yeah bro you did, Lori ain't even trip out like she use to, this time she was calm so I know she really done with your ass and out of all places bro you chose to cheat right next door from your best friend house you really something else bro

Nate: Bro you wasn't supposed to be home and Lori wasn't supposed to be here every time a nigga cheat y'all over here

Zac: This one on you, you gotta figure life out on your own bro I'm here for you but from distance cheating is one thing but cheating on your whole wife that's another story be better dude, See you around.

This was probably one hardest thing Zac had to say to Nathan they brothers and be brothers for 20 plus years, the childish shit and immature ways was okay when they was young but Zac knew he had to put an end to this friendship, Zac wasn't giving up on Nate, but he needed Nate to realize in that moment the friendship was dead. And Nate needed to grow up.

Zac went back home, Lori and Fatima was sitting at the dining table.

Zac: Yo Lor you good homie?

Lori: I'm good bro, he say anything?

Zac: Nah not really Nate gone always be Nate but until Nate grows up I ended that friendship.

Lori: Bro I hope you didn't do that for me, I will never want to get in between y'all's bond.

Zac: Lori it ain't even like that, it's fact bro out here acting like he don't got 2 kids and a wife at home that shit lame man

Lori: He just got 2 kids, he don't got a wife anymore, T you think you can help me file for divorce?

Fatima: I gotcha first thing tomorrow morning

Lori: Thank you, well I'm gone head home and get out y'all way.

Lori gets up from the table and is about to had upstairs to get Noor and Nasir.

Fatima: Wake them babies up and that's your ass, they staying here tonight you is not waking them out their sleep, leave them alone.

Lori: Shit well okay then "mommy T" they bad asses is staying here with you and Zac.

Zac: Shit I don't mind, I'm keeping them home from School tomorrow when gone have a daddy and uncle day (Zac says with a cool face)

Lori: I'm loving this new Zac, Shit T you lucky

(Fatima laughs)

Fatima: Zac, Zayden is on a schedule so his ass is going to daycare tomorrow we not about to mess up this good routine we got going on. Plus you got properties to look at and I got work so Noor and Nasir is going to school as well I will drop them off tomorrow before I go into work.

Zac: T, you a party pooper

Lori: Right, Loosen up T, (Lori laughs)

Fatima: I guess I gotta be the bad parent and the bad auntie.

Lori: Girl you know that's not true these kids love you like you popped they asses out , shit I be thinking "damn do my kids even love me"

Zac: that's cause T, spoil they ass

Lori: she sure does, well I'm head home I'll be over tomorrow morning to get the kids ready for school then we can go to your office tomorrow morning .

Fatima: Yep. Sounds like a plan

Zac, Lori and Fatima say they goodbyes, and Zac watched to make sure Lori pulled off safe.

Noor comes downstairs.

Noor: Auntie T, can I get some cookies and milk?

Zac: COOKIES AND MILK WHAT TIME IS IT.

Fatima: 11:30 p.m.

Zac: No Noor tomorrow it's late baby girl

Noor: please uncle Zac can I just have three (Noors face 🥺)

It's was hard for Zac to say no, Noor was the sweetest girl and Noor had Zac wrapped around her finger.

Zac: you can have 2 and little bit of milk, deal?

Noor: Deal thank you Uncle Zac you the best

Fatima just smiles and hands Noor 5 cookies and half of glass of milk.

Zac: I said 2 cookies T, you give her 5 see this what I be talking about you spoil them to damn much

Fatima: Zac shut up it's just cookies damn

Noor: Ouu Auntie T you cussing. gimmie dollar

Anytime the grown ups cuss around the kids they owe the kids dollar you will think the adult will learn but they never do, Fatima reaches in her bag and grabs $5.

Fatima: Here

Noor: I got $5 and 5 cookies today my lucky day

Zac and Fatima just laughs Noor was the funniest and goofiest out of Zayden and Nasir.

Fatima: Noor finish up your snack so you can go back to bed you got school tomorrow.

Noor: Ok Auntie I got three more cookies left.

Noor finished up her cookies and went back to bed, Zac and Fatima took a shower then they also headed to bed for the night.