chapter seven | edited

Jaxon.

Sweeping off what's left of the wood chips, it's the time to call it a day. I'd usually work on it overtime, but for some reason, I'm not feeling very motivated today. Actually, I haven't really been motivated for the past three days. I've managed to get some parts done, and I think a month or two this Gazebo should be finished.

"Dude, trouble in paradise?" I look up to find Curran walking towards me with a broom on his hands. If it weren't for that rain where I helped the Anderson's workers to move their things that were exposed to the rain in their backyard, I wouldn't have known Curran. He seems like he's the youngest one out of all the Anderson's workers. I rarely catch a glimpse of him ever since my first day, until that rainy day. I could say, Curran is a handsome stud. He's got curly-brunette-hair, his jawline sharp as a knife, and he's got a emerald green eyes.

I chuckled at his little comment before I answered, "Don't even have one to begin with."

Him chuckling as well, "Well whatever it is, I think you deserve a break. Me and Dale are going to hit the town. It's Saturday night so I thought maybe we could enjoy it, you wanna come?"

I could use a break and a night out.

"Yeah, sounds like a plan. We could use my car." I offered.

"Great! We usually go when the lights are out, and that's probably around 8:30 ish. So, meet us at the front porch." Curran exclaimed before he jogs away.

I had to let my dad know that I'd be coming home late tonight. I pull out my phone and texted him. Excited, is how I feel right now. It's been a while since I'm going out or have a boys night. Most of my friends are busy with their lives now, and the only friend I have is Alex. It's nice to gain a friend here. In fact, the Anderson's worker are good people. They all enjoy working here a lot, even though the Anderson's would sometimes seems to be a pain the ass. But, they seem to love what they do. I gotta give them the credit they deserve for putting up with the Anderson's. I try not to snide it into, they're very loyal to the Anderson's because they're provided a house, a healthcare, and a massive paycheck—that is why they are able to put up with the Anderson's shit.

It's Six-Thirty PM when I look down to my watch. I pursed my lips and look over to the mess that I've cleaned up, maybe I should do some more just to kill time.

"Here, you can wear my jacket. You ready?" Curran walked in while handing me his jacket that I politely took from him. It's a black leather jacket, at first I was sceptical that it won't fit me, considering I have a wider shoulders than Curran. But, surprisingly it fits. As I adjusted the collar, I noticed another guy followed behind Curran who I assume is Dale. He's got the same hair color as Curran, and also green eyes. Sometimes, I envy those guys who has interesting eye color, like green, or blue. I find it very cool, whereas I am born with a pretty boring caramel brown eyes.

"Don't get crazy tonight, Wolf. The only reason I'm agreeing in the first place is because you owe me last time." Dale stated, walking in while putting on his jacket.

"Of course, sorry about that Dale." Curran scratch the back of his neck, a seemed to be nervous smile plastered across his face. Dale rolled his eyes before they fixated on mine. "I believe we haven't officially met. I'm Dale Adler." He stretched out his hand, I firmly shook his hand.

"Jaxon Stoll."

"Ah, the gardener's son. Right?"

"The one and only." I chuckled, him as well.

"Alright let's not waste another minute, who's driving?"

I never really knew how much I needed to get out of my house, driving down the city along with listening to a bunch of tunes playing on the radio. Having Dale and Curran as my company tonight made me realize that. I don't get out much not because I don't have friends—again, my friends are on their own paths but that doesn't mean they won't pick up if I asked for a boys night—I like being alone. I like being alone with my head. Aside from that, I'd spent most of my time being cooped up in my garage, or Alex's store. But, being out here tonight with Dale and Curran doesn't seem so bad either.