Chapter 36. Leaving day

Place - Colby's bedroom
Time - 7:00am
People - you and Colby

You wake up to hearing your alarm go off and you reach over to your phone to shut it off and you get out of bed to take some of Colby's hoodies and tshirts.

C: morning
Y: oh sorry didn't mean to wake you. Morning love

You smile and go over to kiss him.

Y: how are you feeling?
C: like absolute shit. Need help with anything?

Colby sits up and immediately falls back down.

Y: I'll be good. Can I take these?
C: take whatever you'd like.

You smile and take the clothes into your room to go pack them into your bags. You go back into his room and wait in the doorway.

Y: hate to make you remember something-
C: oh god here we go.
Y: do you remember where you have my leggings?
C: uhhhh Check the bathroom
Y: ok thanks!

You go into the bathroom and change into your leggings and his shirts. After that you go to your room and lift 2 of your bags and see Colby's up and trying to help you.

Y: I got this.
C: no you don't
Y: no I don't your right.

You sigh and he takes your heaviest bag and goes downstairs with you following close behind.

Y: thank you
C: need one thing
Y: yes?
C: one kiss
Y: just one?

He laughs and You walk over to him and give him a kiss. You get a call from your mom and you sigh. Colby stands next to you to see who it is and you show him the phone.

C: just answer her, she might let me Sam and Kat take you to the airport
Y: ok

You sigh and answer the call.

M: ok fine Sam Colby and Kat can take you. You have to come now though because the lines are long.
Y: ok! Bye
M: bye-

You hang up and give Colby a hug.

Y: I know you don't feel good but I really need this.
C: I'm literally driving you, but ok.

He wraps his arms around you and gives you a soft kiss.

C: SAM!!
S: YO!
C: WERE DRIVING Y/N
K: RIGHT NOW?
C: YEAH

You see Sam and Kat run down the stairs and grab the keys and toss them to Colby.

K: cmon! I have a whole playlist of your fav songs to blast in the car, and we're gunna get Dunkin!

You smile and you all run to the car and Colby helps you with putting your bags in the back. Colby gets in the drivers seat and you sit in the passenger. Kat sits behind you and plays with your hair as Colby drives to Dunkin.

S: I'm gunna put the music on now

Sam puts the music on and your jaw drops.

Y; I LOVE THIS SONG!!!

You raise the volume and everyone starts dancing in their seats. Colby pulls up to Dunkin and gets you all drinks. After you get your drink and head back to the road, you ask Colby if you can try his drink.

C: yeah! Go for it

As you take his drink and take a sip he places his hand on your inner thigh and smirks while still looking at the road.

You smile and put his drink down. He rubs your thigh with his thumb and you look over to him. You see he's not smiling but it looks like he has a lot on his mind. You hold his hand and he smiles.

K: y/n!
Y: hi!
K: ok so. We are planning visits now, would you prefer surprise visits? Or planned ones.
S: Kat i think that's obvious
C: for real

You all laugh and you say surprise. You turn the corner and see the air port and Colby pulls into a parking spot. You put your hand on the door handle to get out and Colby stops you.

C: I'll get that

You smile and sit back. He gets out of the car and opens the door for you and you climb out giving him a kiss on the way.

Y: thank you.
C: of course baby

He smiles and gives you another kiss as Sam and Kat get out of the car. You both don't pull back but instead he holds you by the waist and he rests his hand on your cheek cupping your face.

S: come on guys you had all week for that
C: one sec

He mumbles into the kiss. He pulls back and licks his lips then closes the door. You smile and you head to the trunk of the car to get your bags and Colby helps you with that.

Y: thanks again.

He winks at you and you all walk in and you go find your mom. You see her sitting at gate 6 looking at her phone. You turn back to Sam Kat and Colby and give them all a hug.

K: group hug!!

Kat yells making almost everyone look. You all burst laughing and you give them all a hug.

Y: I'm gunna miss you guys a lot. I'm gunna miss having roommates.
S: we're gunna miss you too y/n.

Kat gives you another hug and holds it.

K: gunna miss you! I'll see you soon.

You both laugh and she steps back. Sam then gives you a hug and he says another goodbye then he lets Colby say goodbye.

Your heart drops when you see him just standing there looking at you. He holds his arms open and you run to to them.

Y: I'm going to miss you so much.
C: you know where to find me.
Y: FaceTime?

He lifts your chin up and looks at you.

C: if you call me and something's wrong, I want you to know that I will be there within a day. Got it?

You softly laugh and nod your head. He gives you a kiss and you both don't pull back. You don't want this to end and you've been dreading this moment for the past few days and just thinking about leaving him makes you a little teary eyed.

Colby opens his eyes and rubs it off of your cheek.

C: we will be okay.

Hearing him say that makes you feel so much better and you smile. He gives you a soft kiss on the cheek and gives you a long hug.

?: plane to New Hampshire boarding now.

You look at Colby and he hugs you tight and pulls back.

C: I don't want you to miss your plane.
Y: ok, bye my love
C: goodbye baby

You look over to Sam and Kat and they both give you another hug.

K: bye cuz.
S: cya y/n! Have a safe flight

You nod and laugh and you see your mom looking at you.

Y: bye guys!

You wave and head over to your mom.

M: took you long enough, ok let's go home!
Y: you don't understand. This was my home
M: y/n I don't want to have this talk right now!
Y: ok jeez.

She sighs and you both get on the plane.

M: your phone has to be off until tmrw too so you won't be able to talk to whoever it was.
Y: what?!

A flight attendant asks you to put your phone in airplane mode and in your bag and you do so. Then plane takes off and you look out the window thinking of Sam Kat and Colby.

Your eyes slowly shut and you fall asleep thinking of Colby's last words he said to you.