01| 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₒₙₑ

Cₕₐₚₜₑᵣ ₒₙₑ

𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓱𝓸𝓶𝓮

✧.

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀 thought she'd come back to Mystic Falls had a probabilty of excactly zero percent chance of happening

     𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐀 thought she'd come back to Mystic Falls had a probabilty of excactly zero percent chance of happening. After being dumped into a mental institution where they thought she was crazy and suicidalwell she was or became one. Whatever she had decided that she was never going to go back to that shithole ever again or that was what she thought.

     In those two years of confinement within the institution's suffocating walls, a whirlwind of events swept through her life, most now a haze she couldn't grasp. Yet, amidst the chaos, one memory blazed bright: the act of reducing the institution to ashes.

     Seriously, could they have expected any less?

     Did they think she'd simply comply like some naive child?

     Fat chance.

     The news of the institution's fire went viral, reaching every nook and cranny of the town. It wasn't just any old institution, though; Victoria had her own way of labeling it a pathetic excuse for a nut house, if you ask her.

     Thanks to that supposed "accidental" firethough who's to say what really went downVictoria found herself reluctantly returning to Mystic Falls, much to her chagrin. While her family members were overjoyed to have her back safe and sound, Victoria couldn't muster the same level of enthusiasm for her hometown.

     Sure, she was glad to see her parents, sister, brother, and even her best friend Carolineespecially Caroline, who she missed more than anyone else in that godforsaken town. But that didn't mean she was thrilled to be back in the midst of all the small-town drama and secrets lurking in the shadows.

     Okay, I lied. Victoria was thrilled to be back into the drama, those two years she spent in that pathetic excuse for a nut house bored her to deathdespite the constant chaos within its walls, it was nothing compared to the juicy scandals of Mystic Falls.